PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Tuners Setup ET8000

amir96
28-01-16, 23:13
Hello. Someone bought me this box "Xtrend ET8000 1x DVB-S2 + 1x DVBC/T/T2 COMBO Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready" as a gift, is it possible to configure the tuners so you can watch one channel while recording another on a different transponder? I cant set tuner A & B to equal each other. Thanks

IAmATeaf
28-01-16, 23:22
DVB-S2 is a satellite tuner and DVBC/T/T2 is a cable or terrestrial tuner so you can't set 1 to equal the other. For the sat tuner you need to feed it the cable from an LNB on a sat dish and for the cable/terrestrial tuner you feed it either an aerial feed or a cable feed.

amir96
28-01-16, 23:24
DVB-S2 is a satellite tuner and DVBC/T/T2 is a cable or terrestrial tuner so you can't set 1 to equal the other. For the sat tuner you need to feed it the cable from an LNB on a sat dish and for the cable/terrestrial tuner you feed it either an aerial feed or a cable feed.

I've only got sat cables is the problem & have no aerial or cable feed for the other tuner. Is there anything i can do in this situation to be able to record & watch something else? Thanks

IAmATeaf
28-01-16, 23:27
In that case you can't watch 1 channel whilst recording another unless the channels that you're watching and recording are on the same transponder.

EDIT: You could buy another DVB-S2 tuner and plug it in I suppose as the ET8000 can take upto 3 tuners. Then if you connected 2 sat cables from your dish, 1 to each tuner, you'd then be able to watch 1 whilst recording another. I assume that your current sat dish has a multi LNB?

amir96
28-01-16, 23:31
In that case you can't watch 1 channel whilst recording another unless the channels that you're watching and recording are on the same transponder.

Is it possible to exchange the receiver for one with tuners suited to me? Was bought from this website & only had it a few days

IAmATeaf
28-01-16, 23:33
You need to contact the forum sponsor and see what they say, as I said above it should just be a case of either swapping out the tuner that you don't want or buying and additional sat tuner.

amir96
28-01-16, 23:41
You need to contact the forum sponsor and see what they say, as I said above it should just be a case of either swapping out the tuner that you don't want or buying and additional sat tuner.

Thanks for the help mate made my options clear :)