PDA

View Full Version : Receiver killing internet connection

amir96
28-01-16, 16:34
Hello everyone. Recently bought the et8000. Pretty much up to speed on everything but one thing driving me mad. The box is causing my internet to stop working on every device e.g. phone laptop. Not quite sure why it'll happen but for example when a plugin crashes. Then when i restart the box my internet works on everything again.

Last night i just left the box on turned tv off went to bed and in the morning the box had done the same internet wouldnt work on my phone till i went & restarted the e2 box then internet started working on everything again. I connected the box by ethernet cable. Any ideas? Cheers

abu baniaz
28-01-16, 16:48
If you are using mgcamd, more than likely you have corrupt configs. They are sending logs to an IP address that does not exist, this causes you network to cripple.

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

amir96
28-01-16, 17:21
If you are using mgcamd, more than likely you have corrupt configs. They are sending logs to an IP address that does not exist, this causes you network to cripple.

Please note:

Thanks for the reply. I am using mgcamd. What do i need to do differently to rectify this in that case? I used filezilla had the cfg file & the other file where you put your line in with CWS = then just uploaded them to the box.

john doe
28-01-16, 17:34
line talk not allowed. thread could closed.