PDA

View Full Version : Front display icons

Dannylfc
27-01-16, 21:45
Does anyone have a guide to what all the display icons on the front panel mean?

It says 576i on the front display but I have 1080p selected on VV

nischris
13-02-16, 04:38
I'm also trying to figure out what some of the symbols mean.
I have recently purchased an Xtrend ET10000 running Openvix. What I see on the front display (when the device is powered on) at the top in the middle of the display is a flashing icon. It looks a bit like a solid circle within a square. I can also see a similar symbol on one of the channel info popups on the TV screen. It appears alongside the record icon on the popup that appears if you press OK when watching live TV.
I haven't yet figured out what this flashing icon represents, and I also can't find any explanation of what it means on the internet.
I'm sure that once it's explained to me, it'll be blindingly obvious what it means, but for now, it's just a distraction.
I'm pretty sure that this flashing icon has only recently appeared.

Does anybody know what this icon represents?

Update: I read in some other posts that this icon represents that there is an update available, so I went and did an update (the box said there were two packages to update). After doing the update and rebooting the device, the flashing icon had gone. However, as soon as I viewed the list of timers and then went back to viewing live TV, the flashing icon immediately reappeared.

abu baniaz
13-02-16, 05:00
Updates available.

nischris
13-02-16, 05:12
Thanks. It would seem that the update didn't actually occur, because if I go back into the update menu there are still two updates available. What I've done is disable background checking for updates, perform the 'update' again (the update that doesn't seem to do anything), and this time, the icon hasn't started flashing again after the reboot.

abu baniaz
13-02-16, 05:43
there are a few threads by people with same issue. you should not update to 036. instead, make a settings backup, install 036, restore the settings when prompted.