PDA

View Full Version : 24hz?

DaMacFunkin
27-01-16, 20:15
Hello I have some 24hz media files, if I play them back on my duo2/solo2 they play at 24hz so long as the box is set to multi.
If I play the same files on solo4k I get a black screen, I then need to switch from multi to 60hz which tbh is undesirable.
I'm sure Robin VD or some other mod said that vix has a fix for 24hz files so that you don't get a black screen, does that mean it hasn't been applied to the solo4k or is it that the fix doesn't work with the solo4k driver?

rossi2000
27-01-16, 22:10
im not sure of this fix, do u have a link to the post made about it?

Sicilian
28-01-16, 07:53
Wait for build 036 with GST1.7.1, I found with refresh set to multi, playing media files that are 24p will play with 24p.

DaMacFunkin
29-01-16, 19:05
Hello I have done USB flash of 036 with settings restore, still no joy.
With box set to 2160p@50 files play as well as can be expected, with box set to 2160p@60 files play but with a bit of SOE. With box set at 2160p multi the file starts to play, the delay check kicks in and the screen goes black but audio continues, if there are subtitles these are still visible. If I press the info button on my TV remote it reports 3840x2160@60p which just isn't right.
If I set box to 1080p@multi I get the same black screen, yet with audio and subtitles but the TV info button now reports 1920x1080@24p.
All the files playback fine on duo2 and solo2, they also play back at 3840x2160@24p on Nvidia Shield Android TV.
I have had my solo4k since day1 and I tried all the images as they came out and only one has been able to playback 24p correctly and that was VTi which is the original image almost.
So what is changing from the original image to OE-A images?
Thanks for any feedback.

Trial
30-01-16, 08:43
Hi,
just for information VTi also did not support 24Hz from the beginning. The problem is that the 4K is not so wide spreaded. I think it is a small problem but a big one without the box.

ciao

rossi2000
30-01-16, 09:35
even with a 4k box, the next hurdle is a 4k tv :)
and now i have to wait for the next models of 4ktv before i buy.

Sicilian
30-01-16, 10:39
Vti have somekind of hack in their e2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
30-01-16, 10:42
Hi,
just for information VTi also did not support 24Hz from the beginning. The problem is that the 4K is not so wide spreaded. I think it is a small problem but a big one without the box.

ciao

I used VTi from the start on solo4k, it did support 24hz playback, it also displayed xbmc home screen in full screen rather than in quarter of the screen.
No other images i have tried since did or do, Blackhole, openATV, openVIX.
I really don't want to have to flash back to the first VTi release to prove this, i know what i saw, i even commented on how pleased i was that it worked on VTi forum.
If it never works, then so be it, i have other means, i just try to make things easy for the family, but let me say it is poor if it never works.

DaMacFunkin
23-03-16, 20:30
Just updated to Vix 4 002, still doesn't work, poor really seeing as it works on much cheaper less featured boxes.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 20:45
It's not down to us, VU+ are awaiting a fix from Broadcom. Complain to VU.

Sicilian
23-03-16, 20:46
For the record VTi are using a hack.

Lightwizzard
25-03-16, 19:59
Can you tell me a little bit more what vu is waiting for from Broadcom? Any timetable?

VTI is jumping forward at the beginning and backwards again. That's only a workaround:

--- /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoFrameRate/plugin.py
+++ plugin.py
@@ -4,6 +4,7 @@
from Plugins.Plugin import PluginDescriptor
from Screens.Screen import Screen
from Components.config import config
+from Tools.HardwareInfoVu import HardwareInfoVu

class AutoFrameRate(Screen):
def __init__(self, session):
@@ -11,9 +12,10 @@
self.lockTimer = eTimer()
self.lockTimer.callback.append(self.unlockFramerat eChange)
self.framerate_change_is_locked = False
- self.locktimer_timeout = 3
+ self.locktimer_timeout = 60
self.lastService = None
self.__event_tracker = ServiceEventTracker(screen = self, eventmap = {iPlayableService.evVideoFramerateChanged: self.VideoFramerateChanged})
+ self.need_reset = HardwareInfoVu().get_device_name() in ("solo4k", )

def VideoFramerateChanged(self):
if config.av.videoport.value in config.av.videomode:
@@ -76,12 +78,29 @@
f.close()
self.framerate_change_is_locked = True
self.lockTimer.startLongTimer(self.locktimer_timeo ut)
+ if self.need_reset:
+ self.doSeekRelative(2 * 9000)
except IOError:
print "error at reading/writing /proc/stb/video.. files"

def unlockFramerateChange(self):
self.lockTimer.stop()
self.framerate_change_is_locked = False
+
+ def getSeek(self):
+ service = self.session.nav.getCurrentService()
+ if service is None:
+ return None
+ seek = service.seek()
+ if seek is None or not seek.isCurrentlySeekable():
+ return None
+ return seek
+
+ def doSeekRelative(self, pts):
+ seekable = self.getSeek()
+ if seekable is None:
+ return
+ seekable.seekRelative(pts<0 and -1 or 1, abs(pts))

def autostart(reason, **kwargs):
global session

twol
25-03-16, 20:11
Why would Broadcon do any thing? They produce chips to meet certain requirements and specifications and sell to people like VU+ and they are certainly not going to rejig their production line .... that costs a lot of money.
They will already be concentrating on the requirements for the next range of chips.

Judging by the general comments I also think Vu+ believe they have finished the job, after all you guys are buying the receiver, so,they will take the money and move on as usual:)

Sicilian
26-03-16, 07:53
Vu need driver fix from Broadcom, they are aware of the 24hz issue with media playback. I'm just the messenger [emoji3]

Rob van der Does
26-03-16, 11:00
It won't be the first time Broadcom is actively involved in sorting out issues with their chipsets/drivers. So let's await the results.

Lightwizzard
13-04-16, 18:49
New drivers are out, but still no fix for the 24p problem :confused::eek:

Andy_Hazza
13-04-16, 18:52
The drivers were for the fbc tuners when used with Unicabe LNB.

DaMacFunkin
24-04-16, 11:24
I understand that long term VU+ need a fix from Broadcom but is there anyway VIX can borrow the VTi fix?

DaMacFunkin
30-05-16, 14:24
It seems after the latest driver update 24hz is now playing back if refresh rate is set to multi... In 60hz, yuk I feel sick.

Trial
30-05-16, 15:21
Hi,
2160p? When I got my box I made some tests and all worked OK but I only have 1080i/p.

ciao

Lightwizzard
07-06-16, 11:07
With latest June drivers the 24p playback problem is back. Also all files with 5 ref frames do not play properly. I can't believe VU is so stupid.

With drivers from mid May everything is fine.

DaMacFunkin
07-06-16, 12:42
I never got 24p to playback with May drivers, June drivers playback 24p at 60hz so in one respect I have to agree stupid.

DaMacFunkin
24-12-16, 23:58
Latest drivers for the Ultimo4k, Uno4k, Solo4k claim to fix frame rate switching for 24hz, can't wait for a new build to try them, it will be like...
Christmas!!!

On a serious note with 3 VU+ 4k boxes that seem to share the same driver architecture the Solo4K should now get a lot of it's little bugs fixed and become the man we always knew it would be.

Trial
25-12-16, 08:31
Hi,
different hardware = perhaps different driver = perhaps some bug fixes in one but not the other.

We will see.

ciao

DaMacFunkin
25-12-16, 09:49
It claims auto frame rate switching for Ultimo4k, Uno4K and Solo4k so it must be a common fix for the three.

Rob van der Does
25-12-16, 10:01
The structure in which drivers are being maintained will be the same, at least for similar chip sets/generations. But as drivers are per chip set, differences may, and often will occur, either due to different properties of each chip, or to different/wrong manipulating of the drivers.
So claiming a fix is one, seeing it worked out well (for each device) is two.

Trial
25-12-16, 18:15
Hi,
I think this new Multi (24/50/60) is the old AutoframeRate. Vu only claimed "Fix Refresh rate" whatever this means. I would really like to know what "add more video codecs." means. Has anybody a VP9 demo or a link to a demo? VU could be a bit more verbose perhaps we must call the site with the -v switch:-)

ciao

Rob van der Does
25-12-16, 21:46
See

https://www.vcodex.com/news/a-nice-example-of-4k-video-encoded-using-vp9/
and

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Trial
25-12-16, 22:16
Hi Rob,
link in first post of first link is dead I already found it last week.

It seems to be hard to find nice eaxmples in 4K VP9. I just tried youtube and only got h264:-(

Ralf