PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] WPA2-PSK is it supported? plus a few other Q's

Shaunie
25-01-16, 21:55
So my box was locking up a lot so I decided to update it today.

Update was pretty easy to 3.2 - 035 (Virtuosso Image Xtreme)

I have now decided I want to use the network cable for something and use the Genuine VU+ wifi dongle I've had sitting around for a while.

I've set the wifi up and occasionally it will connect and then just disconnect whilst looking in the network status page.

My Question is, Is WPA2-PSK supported on the VU+ Duo running OpenVix 3.2?

Next question is I see a lot dots on the border all the way around, These are not present when I use the xobxone (Vu+ box HDMi runs through the XboxOne) I haven't messed about wth the video settings since setting up again this morning just the default wizard.

Previously before I upgraded when I did a service search and I have it set to Sky UK it would put 106 as SkyOne and not the HD channel. Same with the other HD channels IE Discovery on 520 was not the HD channel.

I can't find the setting to do this. I have been looking through the EPG and ABM setting but maybe I'm missing something obvious (I am a bloke and we are known not to look properly....)

I have set it to now swap SD for HD channels (As it screws up my regional channels for 101 and 103) yet 105 is still Channel5HD and does not work just a blank screen. I'm fairly certain 5 is an FTA so even HD should work? It works on my sky box so the channel is working.

So without re-ordering the channels is there an easy way to get the HD channels to swap out for SD ones?

Any Help much appreciated

Huevos
25-01-16, 22:57
Not sure about the dongle issue.

In ABM provider, Sky UK, Area, select "London Custom". Or whatever your area is. Not "London HD" or "London SD".

Shaunie
26-01-16, 10:00
Not sure about the dongle issue.

In ABM provider, Sky UK, Area, select "London Custom". Or whatever your area is. Not "London HD" or "London SD".

Spot on that mate, I had it set to Humber HD scrolled all the way through and found Humber SD :D

Thank You

I forgot to mention that the dongle is (I believe) a genuine Vu+ dongle.

Ashley69
26-01-16, 11:04
Best to change it to Humber Custom. (keep scrolling)

Shaunie
28-01-16, 18:09
Thanks Ashley69,

Whats the difference between Humber SD and Humber Custom? I didn't see any extra settings.

Anyone know if WPA2 works or not?