PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Network Share Location moved - causing crash on load

mattwales
25-01-16, 21:36
Hi all,

After a bit of advice please. Had my Trend 9500 a few weeks now all set up nicely.

Had a NFS network share set up so we can watch stuff I've downloaded onto a NAS drive. All was working hunky-dory.

Recently upgraded to Fibre broadband and therefore had a new router and thus my network share now has a different IP address.

I went into my Network NFS share setup and deleted the old 'WDMyCloud' and set it up as a new share which set no problem.

My issue is that when I press the 'List' button on my remote (used for accessing either recordings on internal HDD or my NAS share) my box crashes. I believe it's still trying to 'find' my old share, using the old IP and causing a crash.

Even after a box restart (and power off) that menu option is intent on trying to locate my old share. It used to give options of HDD1, HDD2, USB, NAS Share etc, but not anymore.

I've attached a log file incase it helps?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

abu baniaz
25-01-16, 21:47
How confident are you with using Putty? There is a link in my signature if you need it.

mattwales
25-01-16, 21:51
Ok, yup have putty / or telnet on mac, am connected to the box. Wouldn't know where to start with what commands might be needed though. Have looked at you 'Linux Commands' link in your sig, seems straightforward enough if you know the code I'll need?

Thanks,

abu baniaz
25-01-16, 22:03
Issue following command which will stop Enigma2 from running.

init 4

After about 10 seconds, using an FTP program such as Filezilla, navigate to /etc/enigma2

You will find a file called "settings". Using a linux compatible editor such as Notepad++, edit the file.
Find the lines starting with

config.usage.last_movie_played=
config.movielist.

Delete those lines
Save the file and transfer back to receiver. Ensure transfer completes.

Restart receiver with command

init 3

mattwales
25-01-16, 22:20
You sir, are a wizard.

Many thanks. Once I got into that settings file it was easy to see what the issue was.

Superb. Thanks very much.

-Matt