PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Front display when in Standby

IAmATeaf
25-01-16, 11:10
Would it be possible for the following to be corrected in the next update? Not really a pain as such but I have to alter the file with each update.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47943-front-display-needs-altering

I also have noticed the following which is also related to the front screen display where some of the text looks like it's disappearing off the end. Box was put into quick Standby when there was a recording in progress. I've attached a crap picture :)

IAmATeaf
27-01-16, 11:31
Just in case it helps, the what looks like an open square bracket actually represents C, as in tuner C is in use and the [R is supposed to be bitmap or the word REC with a box around it. Looking at the xml, I can see that for the tuners A, B, C or D could be displayed. I think the problem is that the display might only be 125 or so pixels across whereas the xml is coded for it to be around 128.

IAmATeaf
28-01-16, 22:25
Need the help from a fellow ET10000 user :)

Thought I'd have a go at fixing the above issue, so edited the file /usr/share/enigma2/display/skin_display.xml, saved the file and then restarted the GUI and for some reason it's left an empty skin_display.xml, 0 length with nothing inside. Stupidly I didn't keep a back up so short of reflashing I can't get the file back.

Would be grateful if an ET10000 user could save and upload the file for me, pretty please :)

ccs
28-01-16, 22:52
Probably easier to reflash....

IAmATeaf
28-01-16, 23:06
Cheers for that.

This is the updated file where I've moved the tuner graphics and the REC graphic along a few pixels so it no longer goes off the edge of the display

rossi2000
28-01-16, 23:53
if you can post a pic of the end result i can add your amendments to the et10000 image.

IAmATeaf
29-01-16, 11:53
if you can post a pic of the end result i can add your amendments to the et10000 image.

Managed to get some pics. One of the pics show the results of the changes for just when tuner C is in use, the REC is flashing, the other pic shows when all 4 tuners are in use. I've also edited the date to remove the 2 double spaces else the years goes off the right hand edge of the display.

rossi2000
29-01-16, 18:35
cheers bud, looks good,
i'll add it to the image, it will be in the build after next as the next build is currently uploading i think.

rossi2000
29-01-16, 18:44
are those adjustments ok on all the other screens like infobar etc?
do the tuner status icons and rec appear in the same place

as what you edited are the templates so it just needs to be ok on all screens that use those templates.

IAmATeaf
29-01-16, 19:26
I've only changed 2 screens, SummaryTunerStatusPanel and StandbySummary.

I've tested StandbySummary but am unsure when the SummaryTunerStatusPanel screen would be displayed. Had a play around and can't see how I can make it appear. If you can tell me how to test that screen then I#ll do it and report back.

IAmATeaf
30-01-16, 14:25
Can't edit the above post but I checked through the XML and it looks to me like the screen SummaryTunerStatusPanel may not actually be used. It's included as an include in quite a few other screens but all occurrences are commented out.

I've uploaded a version with the XML header info at the top of the file which my previous upload didn't have.

IAmATeaf
13-02-16, 19:06
Talk about being an idiot, for some reason although the tuner and rec indicator positions were fixed in the attached xml file, the original time/date problem is still there, no idea how that happened. So I've now attached yet another revised file, hopefully this one will be fine and has all the changes.

IAmATeaf
27-02-16, 20:47
This seems to have reverted with the last 37 update to the way it originally used to display?

The post above has the latest file that I modified.

IAmATeaf
26-03-16, 15:10
The recording icons move changes are in the latest 003 image but the clock changes have gone amiss? Could the changes be put in for the ET10000 please?