PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Hebrew support in open vix

xanadoo
25-01-16, 08:12
Hello there,
I want to install the openvix image in my new vu+ duo2.
Is the openvix has Hebrew language?
Thank you.

Huevos
25-01-16, 09:18
Yes and no. It does have Hebrew but the translation is out of date and it needs a Hebrewfont added. You can update the translation and we can add it to the image. Have a look at the sticky in the translation section for how to do it.

xanadoo
25-01-16, 10:01
You mean that it is me that have to do the translation myself?

twol
25-01-16, 10:06
Welcome to the world of open free software:)

IAmATeaf
25-01-16, 10:14
You mean that it is me that have to do the translation myself?
You would be helping with the translation which would then be rolled into future updates.

xanadoo
25-01-16, 10:37
Ok. How do i do that?

xanadoo
28-01-16, 12:27
thank you....

twol
28-01-16, 13:36
see post 2 :)

abu baniaz
28-01-16, 16:53
Have a look here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15221-ViX-in-your-own-language-Read-how-easy-it-has-been-made-to-help!

birdman
28-01-16, 20:16
Do the menus handle an RTL language?

Huevos
28-01-16, 21:02
Depends what you mean by "handle". It will be fine where a sentence is complete, but not where it is broken into parts. So it depends who has written each individual piece of text. Here is an example.

# Bad for RTL
msg = _("Your ") + BoxType() + _(" is restarting")

# Good for RTL
msg = _("Your %s is restarting") % (BoxType())

Another problem is that most things are left justified. Also multi-content menus would need a skin that inverted the positions of the questions and answers.

birdman
29-01-16, 02:01
Depends what you mean by "handle"....

Another problem is that most things are left justified. Also multi-content menus would need a skin that inverted the positions of the questions and answers.It's that bit about the descriptions being right-justified on the right and the choices left- on the left that I was wondering about.
But only from a technical viewpoint.
e.g. might it be "easier" to have a mirrored typeface, layout things for ltr and then (somehow) mirror the entire area.