PDA

View Full Version : sky 3d

notanotherone
29-12-10, 10:14
ok got me 3d tv and all that,and got sly 3d activated watched a couple of football games ,last nite watched a thing called dance dance dance which the mrs enjoyed and noticed that "how to train your dragon "was on at 23:00 but when i switched it on to it ...........nothing,??? are the movies like sly box office or something?or do i need to do something else?cant i watch movies after 22:00?am i doing something wrong or should i be able to watch movies after 22:00?

basilyoung
29-12-10, 11:58
if its box office...its a pay per view event
at the moment, the 3D content, is mixed, and infrequent
hopefully, soon, there will be a 3D channels for sport/films/docs
baz

MalteseMick
29-12-10, 18:46
I was wrecking my brain over this for a while before realising that How To Train Your Dragon, as well as a few other films were actually Pay Per View.

What I still haven't clarified after googling is why I can't watch the likes of the Monday Night Premier League in 3D? (it encrypts when it starts) I am assuming it's just for pubs or is PPV, even though I watch it on Sky Sports HD instead.

tomthebomb1968
30-12-10, 03:08
The 3d channel needs to be activated with a phone call to sky. AFAIK You need to be on the Sky World package with HD. I got mine activated yesterday though I dont have a 3d tele, but some family members do and reported it working ok.

Depending on who you speak to you may be asked the serial no of a 3d tv, I wasnt but know some people who were.

silverfox0786
30-12-10, 03:15
if your asked for a serial you can efuse to give it as its only for marketing and you can refuse marketing disclosure

i have 3d active but no tv its just a split screen both the same

notanotherone
30-12-10, 10:38
yes guys i have a 3d tv and my package is world and its all activated but what am saying is after 1000 o'clock the movies are and am only surmising this box office ,i can watch the football and all that ,and can watch all the channles they show up to 1000 o'clock when they put on say " how to train your dragon" or step up movie then nothing what am saying is i think they have made this like box office or am i wrong?

basilyoung
30-12-10, 12:03
yes, it appears that the 3d freq does go box office after 22.00 hours,, at present, at the moment, 3D is very ab-lib, but its early days, hopefull ( probrably at a cost ) there will be dedicated channels soon

neil306
30-12-10, 13:16
i just activated mine online ( you must register ) no questions asked. on within 2 minutes

notanotherone
30-12-10, 21:12
i just activated mine online ( you must register ) no questions asked. on within 2 minutes

ok neil check it the now and all will be ok as basil and myself say the movies after 2200 or 2300 are box office but could you check for us ?it should be ok up to then ,but if there is a good film on check to see if yo ucan watch it