PDA

View Full Version : Can't get ITV HD - strange tuner problem

Guy
23-01-16, 19:43
About 3 weeks ago ITV HD channel stopped working. Anyway I have tried my dads Duo at my house and his ITV HD works fine so that rules out any issues with cable/LNB and all other channels seem to work ok for me.

So today I have gone to Setup > service searching > Satfinder. Neither A nor B tuner will lock on to 11053 H 2300 3/4. If I do a scan of that transponder nothing is found.

I've checked on a mates VU Duo and his gets full signal and a lock. When he does a scan he gets ITV HD, ITV4 HD, ITV2 HD and a couple of others. None of these channels work for me.

Assuming this is a fault with the tuner card, is this repairable?

twol
23-01-16, 20:17
Can you get anything on 11024 they are both 8psk

Guy
23-01-16, 20:41
The next one down on my list from 11053 is 11023 which locks and shows BBC News HD, BBC Four HD, and 3 others

Huevos
23-01-16, 21:19
11053 needs more signal than 11023.

ronand
23-01-16, 22:38
Try 11097V 23000 dvb-s2 8psk 3/4

Guy
24-01-16, 09:39
Try 11097V 23000 dvb-s2 8psk 3/4

Ok just realised you can do a user defined transponder scan. It will lock at that frequency and picks up a ITV HD, I can watch this ITV HD. Not sure what region it is mind.

Is there a way to swap that ITV HD into my auto bouqets?

twol
24-01-16, 12:02
I am sure there is probably using a swap file, or use DBE or echanneliser to manipulate the bouquets.
However, you must have an alignment issue ..... I frequently have issue like this but I am on the signal margin for Astra 2g HD signals ... You should not be experiencing this if you live in UK.....ö or possibly you have a interference issue from other kit (dect phone?).

Guy
24-01-16, 12:31
Thing is, My dads duo works fine at my house so rules out alignment issues/dish/lnb. Plus I have no issues with any other transponder.

DaMacFunkin
24-01-16, 12:48
What version vix are you using?
Reason being is the ITV frequencys can sometimes change, it happened in my area last year and it needed an update written to lamedb from a ABM scan to fix it, you won't have the latest satellites.xml or ABM config in an older image.

timofee
24-01-16, 13:52
You say you have eliminated issues with cable/LNB. But different boxes can have different sensitivities, even if they are the same model eg Duo vs Duo.

I would start again with a thorough check of your cabling and LNB.

bellejt
24-01-16, 15:03
as said probably an old satelites.xml.ITV HD chaged several times the last few months.

Guy
24-01-16, 16:10
What version vix are you using?
Reason being is the ITV frequencys can sometimes change, it happened in my area last year and it needed an update written to lamedb from a ABM scan to fix it, you won't have the latest satellites.xml or ABM config in an older image.

I am still running on an old Apollo 040 build as I have been happy with the performance and reliability. However my dads duo and his medialink are also on Apollo builds with ITV HD working fine. Would it be possible to go to http://satellites-xml.eu/ and copy the list for Astra 28.2E into my existing satellites.xml on /etc/tuxbox ?
Failing that I could give 3.2 a try and see how that goes but thats more work.

You say you have eliminated issues with cable/LNB. But different boxes can have different sensitivities, even if they are the same model eg Duo vs Duo.

I would start again with a thorough check of your cabling and LNB.

Surely if it was a sensitivity issue it would show at least something on the signal bar?

Guy
24-01-16, 16:12
Looking at my satellites.xml I have this for 11053

<transponder modulation="1" system="0" fec_inner="4" polarization="0" symbol_rate="22000000" frequency="11053000"/>

Looking on that website it shows

<transponder modulation="2" system="1" fec_inner="3" polarization="0" symbol_rate="23000000" frequency="11053000"/>

twol
24-01-16, 16:30
I am still running on an old Apollo 040 build as I have been happy with the performance and reliability. However my dads duo and his medialink are also on Apollo builds with ITV HD working fine. Would it be possible to go to http://satellites-xml.eu/ and copy the list for Astra 28.2E into my existing satellites.xml on /etc/tuxbox ?
Failing that I could give 3.2 a try and see how that goes but thats more work.

Surely if it was a sensitivity issue it would show at least something on the signal bar?

go to http://satellites-xml.org/

then ftp the download into etc/enigma2 rather than tuxbox (which contains the Vix enigma2 satellite.xml)
the one in enigma2 will over ride until next flash unless you do a backup restore.

Guy
24-01-16, 17:18
I've just got Vix 3.2 on, and still the same.. must be hardware related

Walt
25-01-16, 00:23
I had this exact issue with a channel list I was using. I downloaded the latest version and all working again.

Huevos
25-01-16, 09:44
Thing is, My dads duo works fine at my house so rules out alignment issues/dish/lnb. Plus I have no issues with any other transponder.
Doesn't rule out alignment. Most likely causes are alignment, incorrect skew or local interference. If another box works on that feed it just means it is doing a better job of digging the signal out of the noise.