PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Ultra] Subtitle Location

khan888
23-01-16, 13:48
Hi

If I manually download subtitles for a TV show im watching from my hdd, can these be uploaded onto my receiver and played alongside the programme?

If so where do I upload the subtitle files?

Thanks

Ford1
23-01-16, 15:09
Not too sure about this, however, when I do this for my smart tv, I put the .srt file in the same folder as the video, and have to name it with the same file name, I.E. Fast.and.loud.xvid = Fast.and.loud.srt then the subtitles are loaded and run when the file is played.

As I say This is how I manage to use downloaded subtitles for movies and films on my tv, it may be the same via your receiver??

khan888
23-01-16, 15:17
Not too sure about this, however, when I do this for my smart tv, I put the .srt file in the same folder as the video, and have to name it with the same file name, I.E. Fast.and.loud.xvid = Fast.and.loud.srt then the subtitles are loaded and run when the file is played.

As I say This is how I manage to use downloaded subtitles for movies and films on my tv, it may be the same via your receiver??

Thanks for the reply. I will give the a try later tonight and hope for the best, annoying when I can't understand a single word lol

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford1
23-01-16, 18:06
I know the feeling, tried watching new Keanu reeves film last night, 70% Spanish :mad:!!!!!! linked my .srt file and suddenly everything made sense!!!!! :)