PDA

View Full Version : AutoBouquetsMaker and epg help

joaoasilva
22-01-16, 13:19
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks everyone for the help to decide on a box, got the VU+ solo2 :)
I'm probably mixing things but here is the thing, I've disconnected my sly box so I'm using a sly dish facing the sky :)
On Autobouquet, I've the option to select freesat and sky, both give me the same channels and It's confusing when I go to the list, the question is, should I be using freesat and sky at the same time?
On Epg there are different sources were I can download the epg from, should I just enable one? What's the best in your opinion?

Thanks.

DaMacFunkin
22-01-16, 13:41
Opentv 28.2 will service the epg of both sky and freesat.
It depends on whether or not you have a viewing card, if yes scan your sky region, if not scan your freesat region.
There is nothing that says you can't create bouquets for both if you so wish.

abu baniaz
22-01-16, 14:01
Please clarify which you are refering to. AutoBoquetsMaker and AutoBouquets are two separate plugins.

joaoasilva
22-01-16, 14:01
Yes, I still have my card, but do I have channels on freesat list that I don't have on the Sly list? Or Sly have exactly the same plus the premium ones?

joaoasilva
22-01-16, 14:02
@abu good question, the one that's installed by default on the latest OpenVix Image... :)

abu baniaz
22-01-16, 14:04
There are a few channels on Freesat not on the Sky line up.

joaoasilva
22-01-16, 14:04
So the best is to use both, right? How can I handle duplicates?

abu baniaz
22-01-16, 14:07
Thread title changed

Both providers can be run without creating bouquets. That allows you to use custom mix and inject channels into the one you create.

abu baniaz
22-01-16, 17:40
Also a good idea to enable the "not indexed" option.

joaoasilva
22-01-16, 18:02
Can you elaborate on what does that do?

Thanks

abu baniaz
22-01-16, 18:07
That adds channels that are not on the offficial line up.

Huevos
22-01-16, 19:29
Opentv 28.2 will service the epg of both sky and freesat.For people just using Freesat, there is no need to use CrossEPG or OpenTV at all.