PDA

View Full Version : mutant HD 2400 or ET10000

john doe
21-01-16, 17:52
am ready to upgrade my zero to a better box.

not sure which to go for, as I've always had Vu+. I also have the solo2

am going direction of the 10000, due to taking 3.5 hdd, which I already have.

anyone recommend which one is better. looking for peoples personal preferences.

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
21-01-16, 18:39
I prefer the Mut@nt HD2400. A nice looking box, and the remote is good when you get used to it. The Extrend ET10K was my least fave box I had, but thats purely down to me. I didn't like the look of it, didn't like the remote, just purely my preference.
Both boxes are high spec'd and good flash memory n processors.
As you'll also know from previous posts n my signature, I'm a big Vu+ fan n love the Vu+ remote and love the speed of the gathering n parsing EPG data, whereas the Mut@nt n Xtrend are very very very slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsw9154
21-01-16, 18:47
i have both the Mut@nt HD2400 and the ET10000 and they are both superb receivers and i like them both equally, but for me the ET10k wins because in my opinion it has a better remote control, and like you mentioned with it being able to take 3.5" Hard Drives gives a better choice of fitting the newer 5,4000rpm 3TB and 4TB Hard Drives i record a lot of programs sometimes full series to either watch later or trans-fare over to my PC and i find that the 1TB drive on my Mut@nt fills up rather quickly where as my 3TB Toshiba drive in the ET10k still has over 2TB of space left plus a 2TB 2.5" drive costs almost the same price or even more than a 3TB 3.5" drive :eek:

Andy_Hazza
21-01-16, 19:42
I can get a 2TB HDD 2.5" for £65 so a poor excuse Norm. pmsl. And no the remote IS NOT BETTER!! HeHe

Andy_Hazza
21-01-16, 19:42
But like I say its my preference John. [emoji4]

twol
21-01-16, 19:53
Thats why I buy Xtrend ..... Better value, better quality, better support ..... Who needs to watch the epg loadup :)

john doe
23-01-16, 11:44
thanks people. still not decided to which one. although am wanting to go for the mutant over the ex10000.

twol
23-01-16, 11:54
I think that whichever you choose, you wil be fine ... Toss a coin!
Although if you dont need hardware trancoding or 4 tuners I would go for the ET8000. .... The other ET10000 extra,s (hdmi in, 2 lan connections) are kind of nice if you have a use for them:)

john doe
23-01-16, 13:33
I think that whichever you choose, you wil be fine ... Toss a coin!
Although if you dont need hardware trancoding or 4 tuners I would go for the ET8000. .... The other ET10000 extra,s (hdmi in, 2 lan connections) are kind of nice if you have a use for them:)

what is transcoding

twol
23-01-16, 14:03
Stealing the explanation from elsewhere: Transcoding is bringing down the bitrate/resolution in order to be able to use a stream via the internet...... And an app on the receiving device to render the stream.
In other words: you use transcoding to watch TV/recordings on your mobile device (phone/tab) when on the road.
If this can be done in special hardware, it is more efficient than using software.

john doe
23-01-16, 14:12
twol. thanks a lot very helpful:thumbsup:

bobi
26-01-16, 11:20
I have tested both this boxes in the past :-)
and i keept the Xtrend for some strange reason. I liked the fact that it has the choise to add 3,5" hdd, better remonte, and in my veiw was better at that time i tested.
at the time i owned both of this, the Mut@nt was a bitt buggy with the xbmc part, and this was the only reason that i buy the box in first place.

Maybe things have changed now and the Mut@nt is beter. But if i had to chose again then i will be the Xtrend box again, they are just simply very good and very stable.

cheers

bobi

joysleep1
28-01-16, 16:31
I also think the xtrend is far better. I do not understand who would prefer the mut@nt remote over the xtrend one. I was given a faulty mut@nt that I bought from WOS. They refunded me, but i lost trust in that product. Also looks a bit ugly.