PDA

View Full Version : Is Channel lists specific to tuner?

bucketandsuz
21-01-16, 01:31
evening all, firstly my set up

image: latest vix
et8000 with 3 tuners
1 x dvb-c/t ( tuner A)
2 x dvb-s (tuner b and c)

both dvb-s set as simple/ 28.2/

my satellite has 1 LNB...

ok i'm setting up the above for my friend.
i have an aerial connect to the dvb-c/t (tuner a)
i have my lnb connect to one of the dvb-s tuners (tuner b)

when i enable all tuners and run abm it thrown back a tuner timeout error.
when i disable tuner c and again run abm it runs fine and populates everything
enable tuner c again and plug lnb into this and get a tuner fail error

disconnect cable and connect back to tuner b and all works.

what i'm asking is during set up when you initially run abm, is this tuner specific.

or is there a way to set up vix so that it automatically searches for what ever tuner is connected..

both tuner do work, and have worked without hassle in the past... i was just update software, running hades previously.

i should add this is for me setting up the box, in my friends house he has 2 lnb's and aerial.. i just don't want to give him receiver and when he plugs it together only one tuner works.

any info appreciated

danny

abu baniaz
21-01-16, 01:56
You have one satellite cable, but you have told the receiver there are two. You need to set teh tuner which has nothing to "not configured" or "loop through"

bucketandsuz
21-01-16, 02:19
awh ok, so if you set. configure tuner it automatically assumes that there is a cable plugged in..

does it not look for signal if there is no signal present on other tuner..

as in one tuner preferred and if no signal will automatically look for signal on other tuner, or am i way off

judge
21-01-16, 02:33
awh ok, so if you set. configure tuner it automatically assumes that there is a cable plugged in..

does it not look for signal if there is no signal present on other tuner..

as in one tuner preferred and if no signal will automatically look for signal on other tuner, or am i way off
Nope, hardware needs to be set as actually set-up.

abu baniaz
21-01-16, 02:35
You must configure them to what you have connected to them. I hate the "automatic" mode too, causes more grief than it is worth. Scroll to 28.2, you'll only have to do it once.

bucketandsuz
21-01-16, 09:14
thanks Folks,

Much appreciated, i understand now.