PDA

View Full Version : One single channel list - possible?

imish
21-01-16, 00:41
Not sure if this is possible or not.

the box has 3 tuners = 2 Sat & 1 Cable - at the moment I have two channel lists - Cable first and Sat second - so have two BBC HDs as an example, two copies of EPG, etc.....

Would like to have ONE channel list with One EPG - and for the box to prefer Tuner C as the primary and if busy then choose one of the other available sat tuners?

abu baniaz
21-01-16, 00:54
Bouquet:
You can have channels from different modes/position in the same bouquet. Including IPTV.

EPG:
When you open EPG, the display is based on the bouquet from which you selected the active channel.

abu baniaz
21-01-16, 00:56
Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

imish
21-01-16, 01:42
Bouquet:
You can have channels from different modes/position in the same bouquet. Including IPTV.

EPG:
When you open EPG, the display is based on the bouquet from which you selected the active channel.

Thanks for the response.

If i understand this correctly I can have a single SET of bouquets (manual editing) - however there will still be two instances of each channel - one BBC1 for cable and the other for satellite under the same bouquet, correct?

if the above is correct, what I am actually looking for is a single instance of BBC1 and for the box to then chose the appropriate tuner depending on priority (say cable and then sat) - does that make sense?

abu baniaz
21-01-16, 01:54
Not possible as far as I know. The only possibility is alternatives. Never used it. But if the main service is not avilable, it will use the alternative.

Huevos
21-01-16, 09:26
Use alternatives. And set priority to cable.

Alternatives is a group of services. There is no main service. It just picks the first usable service from the list.

imish
22-01-16, 13:42
Use alternatives. And set priority to cable.

Alternatives is a group of services. There is no main service. It just picks the first usable service from the list.

Sorry for asking a basic question - where do I find "alternatives" ?

Would like to give this a try.

Thanks

IAmATeaf
22-01-16, 15:47
I had a go at setting up alternatives and came away with the thought that it's not as easy to do as I could quite work out what it expecting me to do.

So I opened up the bouquet, then pressed menu, then selected alternatives. It them showed me the current channel so I pressed a colour button to locate an alternative and then pressed OK on the channel. It then just took me back to the channel but when I opened up the bouquet and then menu and then show alternatives it just had the channel I was on.