PDA

View Full Version : ET10000 Remote - Assigning button commands

giub1981
18-01-16, 13:13
Hi

I have just received my new ET10000 and is working well. I do have a question on the remote though. I know it is a universal remote and I have managed to get it working with my TV, however, there does not seem to be a AV button in order so I can change my AV options on the TV (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, TV, etc).

Is it possible to program the F1, F2, F3 buttons to do this and if so, how is this done?

If not, is there any option on the remote to control the AV function? I have just got rid of my VU+ Duo which did have this option.

Thanks

ccs
18-01-16, 13:24
try here......

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45852-Xtrend-ET10000-How-to-program-universal-remote-to-control-TV&p=356683&viewfull=1#post356683

bsdbm
18-01-16, 13:49
On my ET8000 the "back" button seems to change the AV (source) on my Samsung 4K Smart TV. Maybe give that button a try?

DaMacFunkin
18-01-16, 13:49
That link doesn't answer the OP question, the answer is No, there is no av button or way to program an AV button on the xtrend remote, quite an oversight really.
Some guy in another thread said you could do this with the mode button, of which there isn't one... Great advice :confused:

giub1981
18-01-16, 13:55
I was afraid that was the answer. Will give the back button a go when I get home.

Cheers for the replies guys

ns77
18-01-16, 19:12
I am having same issue it will turn the tv (Hitachi) on & off or move channels up & down,but there is no source option, just wonder if i put the hitachi codes in manually would give more functions??????

giub1981
18-01-16, 21:26
Just got home and tried the "back" button and yes, it does change the source :thumbs:

Give this a try ns77 and see if it works for you

twol
18-01-16, 22:03
That link doesn't answer the OP question, the answer is No, there is no av button or way to program an AV button on the xtrend remote, quite an oversight really.
Some guy in another thread said you could do this with the mode button, of which there isn't one... Great advice :confused:

So like bsbdm, the back button brings up the av inputs on my Panny plasma,s ..... So if it works on Samsung and Panny it should be same for all? .... Giub1981 also finds this works. :)

ns77
18-01-16, 23:25
No good on an hitachi the back button doesn't do anything,might try and recode it tomorrow just in case,i'll let you know the outcome :confused:

IAmATeaf
25-01-16, 11:04
Bit late to the party but the Back button is what I also use to switch AV inputs on my now aged Panasonic plasma. There is no real documents about what TV functions can be controlled from the remote so when I first got my ET10000 I spent some time just pressing each button in turn to see what happened, didn't discover anything worth mentioning except the Back button :)

Photovoltaic
02-02-16, 11:44
I have a problem with my XTrend remote activating feature on my Toshiba Blu-ray player when performing normal operations :(

Kinda annoying..had to disconnect Blu-ray player in the end, couldn't find another solution. Anyone else seen clashes between devices like this, before?