PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Sat Box

GadgetDaddy
17-01-16, 18:42
hiya,

Im after a new box, up until recently I was using a skybox f5s, epg was terrible , pvr was unreliable as was the "g!ft", in the end I disconnected it and moved it on.

I now looking for a new box, must have twin sat receivers for multi recording/watching a fantastic epg and a reliable pvr side of things I have an external 500gb usb drive.

Im aware of zgemma but from what i can gather they can be a bit slow, which brings me to either gigablue or xtrend, these two both seem to offer what i want but im unsure which model I need to go for or is there something else out there im not aware of?, I also read they both stream to phones / tablets etc which would be great for my kids.

Any advice greatfully received
GD

Ashley69
17-01-16, 19:38
I'd for the xtrend ET8000 if thats within your budget. Solid,reliable and zippy.
Ps. No talking of gifts on this forum. Please read rules.

nsw9154
17-01-16, 21:04
The Xtrend ET8000 loaded with Vix will surpass your requirements and last you for years

and zgemma are very poorly made and dangerous Clones and would not be supported on this forum

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 00:11
thanks for the advise and apologies the slipup, Ive looked up WOS website and the et8000, there seems to be 7 options for it from £159 to £205, could some kind soul point me to which specific model is best suited to my needs, I have two sat cables from dish.

thankyou
GD

bluepassat
18-01-16, 00:29
sounds like the xtrend et8000 twin tuner will suit your needs £159 from the sponsor, and you will like the openvix image... you can get another tuner if you need it in the future as the box supports 3 tuners total

I have the same box its easy to setup will take a internal hard drive 2.5 or 3.5 inch and its very fast

need any more help just ask

regards

blue

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 00:42
does the 8000 support streaming to android phones tablets etc, and does it need manually updating for anything?, Im tech savvy but would prefer not to faf on like i had to from time to time with the f5s

bluepassat
18-01-16, 00:54
I don't use mine for that, but I believe there is an android app for streaming

I had the X5 a few years ago so I know what your on about

you can update the box via the system update (manual or auto) and set channel list to auto update

blue

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 01:00
and the epg is that good?, and do you use yours for recording and series recording? if so is it reliable and it will be 99% used by my kids and I will get it in the ear if the epgs not showing whats on or something they have set to records fails like what happens virtually always on the f5s

Also I noticed going through the checkout on WOS theres a discount code option is the one doing the rounds can anyone please adivse
cheers

beck
18-01-16, 01:11
There is a new box arriving at the online stores this week called the edision OS and looks the dogs bolox for the money take a 99 quid for a twin tuner on the same par as the vu+ boxses take a look on you tube briient reviews on it I be deffo getting one

bluepassat
18-01-16, 01:23
and the epg is that good?, and do you use yours for recording and series recording? if so is it reliable and it will be 99% used by my kids and I will get it in the ear if the epgs not showing whats on or something they have set to records fails like what happens virtually always on the f5s

Also I noticed going through the checkout on WOS theres a discount code option is the one doing the rounds can anyone please adivse
cheers

I have the blue HD skin installed on mine looks just like sly, and it has a search for program's and you can do a series link. im not too sure about a general discount code as it tends to be for certain products

have a look at the openvix site...lots of guides and help videos to see what vix image looks like

blue

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 01:25
thanks for mentioning another option i take it for the price it will not be as powerful (fast) as the et8000?, also im normally a bit wary of new to market stuff would rather look to a more established product that has ironed out the bugs

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 01:33
cheers Blue very helpfull

any idea if this can be streamed live or prerecorded stuff to a nowtv box running rarflix plex?

judge
18-01-16, 01:40
Any E2 box can be streamed on LAN.
If you want streaming on WAN, you need to look at boxes that (preferably) do hardware transcoding & then read up on internet security...

twol
18-01-16, 09:14
So for hardware transcoding you are looking at the ET10000 or Mut@nt 2400. ...... But make sure you are going to need it, otherwise its wasted money. ....... Sometimes less is better, I was always frustrated by issues with dual Lan inputs on my ET10000 compared to the ET8000 which just did what it was told:)

joysleep1
18-01-16, 12:50
So for hardware transcoding you are looking at the ET10000 or Mut@nt 2400. ...... But make sure you are going to need it, otherwise its wasted money. ....... Sometimes less is better, I was always frustrated by issues with dual Lan inputs on my ET10000 compared to the ET8000 which just did what it was told:)

The gigablue quad can also do hardware transcoding right?

GadgetDaddy
18-01-16, 13:17
There will be no wan stuff only lan, currently have a pc with plex server running sharing out my media stuff which is available to 5 now tv boxes with sideloaded rarflix, would be fantastic if I could watch live stuff from say an et8000 box on tvs around the home with now tv box

Sicilian
21-01-16, 09:46
The gigablue quad can also do hardware transcoding right?

No, software transcoding, not hardware transcoding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
21-01-16, 13:37
Duo2 does hardware transcoding and has built in wi-fi.