PDA

View Full Version : Which image for new Xtrend ET8000

ALISAT
16-01-16, 17:31
hi,
I am new to the forum and I am interested in buying a new Xtrend ET8000 from WOS. What would be the best open source image for this receiver an 'OpenVix'or 'OpenXta'?
What is the main difference?

Andy_Hazza
16-01-16, 17:44
OpenViX every time. But do try them all out, but you will always come back to the best, ViX!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
16-01-16, 17:47
In my view the best "complete" image (especially for beginners) is OpenViX.
If you know what you are doing OpenAtv is an alternative.
.... And if you are a super smart guy that knows everything, you and Openpli will love each other :)

ALISAT
16-01-16, 18:17
Do you guys know anything about OpenXta. is this an image build special for xtrend receivers

abu baniaz
16-01-16, 18:29
Do you guys know anything about OpenXta. is this an image build special for xtrend receivers
It is an image make by the openXTA team. They only make images for Xtrend units.

twol
16-01-16, 19:36
I have only had Xtrend boxes and I would still advise OpenViX over OpenXta if only (like Openatv) if you want support it helps to speak/write German :) although both have English speaking sections.
.... And for 28.2E Openvix is by far the best forum..... The rest are more 19.2E aligned.

bluepassat
16-01-16, 19:42
I have just received my xtrend ET 8000 last week, great fast box, if you get this one

I looked around at the images available but openvix seems to be the most popular and has lots of guides to setup

hope this helps

regards

blue

ALISAT
16-01-16, 19:49
thanks guys its good advice. I plan to buy Xtrend ET8000 and will put Openvix as my image