PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Channel data gets overwritten?

wibbol
15-01-16, 13:30
Hi, please excuse any stupidity in my questionas I freely admit to not understanding epg very well!

I have a Mut@nt 2400 with 2xSat and 2xCable tuners. I have set up epg settings to use freesat and Virgin, along with Eit information.

When I delete the epg.dat and just start watching ITVbe HD on virgin, the epg slowly populates, presumaby from the tv stream?

However when I run Crossepg, the rest of the channels populate, but the previously correct ITVBe HD schedule now gets overwritten with the CBS reality schedule??

I've tried running with various permutations of settings, including opentv sat import, xmltv virginUK, EPG refresh etc, but nothing changes the ITVBE HD epg!!

Its clearly correct in the TV stream, as it loads correctly when just initially zapped to the channel, but anything else seems to overwrite it with trhe CBS Reality epg.

ITVBe HD isn't available in any other service other than Virgin, so the sat streams shouldnt realluy affect it.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers

abu baniaz
15-01-16, 17:19
EPG is referenced by service references, not names. So the Satellite EPG won't be affecting it.

What is the service reference for ITVBE HD on cable?
What is the service reference for CBS Reality on cable?

Please do the following exactly and report back.
1. Disable Virgin EPG in the EPG menu.
2. Disable OpenTV EPG within CrossEPG downloader.
3. Delete your EPG database.
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Load/Save/Delete > Delete EPG

4. Using the remaining options (do not enable any more), download EPG.

Is fault/issue still present?

wibbol
15-01-16, 19:08
OK, in actual fact its CBS Reality +1 that is displaying.

The service Ids are as follows

#SERVICE 1:0:19:9C6:19:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: <!-- Cable ITVBe HD -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:641:10:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: <!-- Cable ITVBe -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:275B:7FC:2:11A0000:0:0:0: <!-- Sat ITVBe -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:84B:15:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: <!-- Cable CBS Reality -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:CD19:844:2:11A0000:0:0:0: <!-- Sat CBS Reality -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:4B2:C:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: <!-- Cable CBS Reality +1 -->
#SERVICE 1:0:1:CB86:83B:2:11A0000:0:0:0: <!-- Sat CBS Reality +1 -->

After following your instructions, I just left the channel zapped to ITVBe HD, and within a couple of minutes, the epg was correct for that channel

I then ran Crossepg. After this, ITVBE HD showed CBS Reality +1, ITVBe from Cable was incorrect and shows Eurosport1, ITVBe from Sat was correct, CBS Reality from cable was blank.

abu baniaz
15-01-16, 19:27
You did not follow instruction exactly. Never mind.

Which xmltv/rytec providers have you got enabled?

doglover
15-01-16, 20:12
I have in the Virgin channels file the following:

<channel id="CBSReality1.uk">1:0:1:9C6:19:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- CBS Reality +1 ++CABLE++ -->

Clearly an old entry. This can explain what you are experiencing.
Updated the line, and uploaded the new channels file.

Also corrected CBS Reality and ITVBe in the Virgin channels file.

Remember when channels change from position the channels file has to be adapted.

Willy

wibbol
15-01-16, 20:54
Sorry, I must have misunderstood regarding the options, do I presume I should have disabled the EIT/AIT as well?

I don't have any xmltv/rytec providers enabled (that I'm aware of !!)

Willy - Thanks for that, but unfortunately its going over my head!! Where do I find the Virgin Channels file.

Would it be possible to upload yours so that I can understand what needs changing. Sorry if I'm being a bit dumb!

abu baniaz
16-01-16, 00:00
Somewhere along the lines, you have enabled internet based epg. there was an error which has been corrected. re-download and you should be fine.

wibbol
16-01-16, 13:45
I'm pleased to report that its all working now so thank you very much for all the help.

I've tried to find some more reading about the various epg, and Willy's Rytek Faq on the openpli forum helped.

but ... although its working, I have to confess that I really don't understand the best way to set all the parameters as there seems to be several ways of doing things.

My main confusion is system->epg->settings has settings for
- Show EIT now/next in infobar
- Enable EIT EPG
- Enable Freesat EPG
- Enable Virgin EPG

I don't really understand if I need any of these set or not or where they get their data from and when!

I understand that system->epg->XMLTV Importer can download the Rytec virgin epg and run as scheduled or on demand - and that this will populate my Virgin epg and that Rytec seems to be the source to use.

CrossEPG also allows me to set up Rytec Virgin as an XMLTV import. DO I choose this OR XMLTV importer, and where does the previously mentioned "Enable Virgin EPG" setting come into play?
Similarly XMLTV has an openTV SKY UK import. Do I need that or is it an alternative? Sky EPG planner seems to populate regardless of if I set it or not when I run cross EPG.

Does it make any difference the sequence I run the various imports/downloads in?

So I find myself setting lots of them ' just to be sure' and I'm sure that I probably don't need half of them. If anybody can spare the time to clarify how this works, or reccommend exactly what to set and what not to set, I would be very appreciative.

Regardless, it is working at the moment and I understand a lot more than I did this time yesterday, so thanks again
Andrew

abu baniaz
16-01-16, 14:25
It's a learning curve with these receivers. You have made an error somewhere. It is best to use only one EPG source for a provider.

Starting form a new install, all you had to do was as follows:
For Sky UK:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45605-How-to-setup-7-DAY-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide

For Cable
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-download-the-epg-off-the-stream
That guide could do with an update:- Virgin EPG is enabled on Vix by default. You can use any channel on the same frequency as PVR EPG. You do not need to use EPG refresh plugin, it just assists the process. A daily zap of two minutes will achieve the same result.

If you want to use the internet based EPG downloads, that is fine too. The error with the service references has been fixed by Doglover thanks to you confirming the references. Don't use both internet and stream/signal for the same provider.