PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C/T/T2 tuner SNR readings on Cable

Ashley69
14-01-16, 20:19
How accurate are the SNR AGC readings on these enigma boxes. (Both running latest Vix)

My readings on Cable are

SNR 55% -AGC 0% - BER 0% on my New ET8000.

If I plug my VU + Duo 2 in to the same cable I get a readings of SNR 98% - AGC 99% - AND BER 0%

I had no other cable connections at the time I carried this out.

Can anyone enlighten me on whether there could be a problem with the ET8000 tuner.

The picture quality on the VU+ Duo2 is better than the ET8000.

Thanks

Huevos
14-01-16, 20:34
Can anyone enlighten me on whether there could be a problem with the ET8000 tuner.There is no problem. Different brands and different tuners give different SNR values.

Ashley69
14-01-16, 20:41
Thanks Huevos.

Not yet fully up to speed with tuners and their differences. Will have a read up.

Ash

dfox
15-01-16, 08:24
How accurate are the SNR AGC readings on these enigma boxes. (Both running latest Vix)

My readings on Cable are

SNR 55% -AGC 0% - BER 0% on my New ET8000.

If I plug my VU + Duo 2 in to the same cable I get a readings of SNR 98% - AGC 99% - AND BER 0%

I had no other cable connections at the time I carried this out.

Can anyone enlighten me on whether there could be a problem with the ET8000 tuner.

The picture quality on the VU+ Duo2 is better than the ET8000.

Thanks

I have been having issues with the same readings on a Mutant HD2400. Sometimes the picture is fine and sometimes I get picture break up. Not a lot but enough for it to be annoying.

Have tried attenuators, different cables. I didn't know whether it was the signal coming into the house as when we do a BB speed check we are getting below 4mbps. Awful for VM.

Sicilian
15-01-16, 09:00
The readings are a noncence on all receivers imo, only way to check signals is using engineers meter.