PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 - HDMI stopped working

cal91
13-01-16, 16:00
Hi Guys,

My VU+ Duo2 box is only 7 months old and the HDMI input stopped working.. I think I remember reading about this happening to a few others online? maybe the HDMI on these boxes is not very reliable, is it a common fault?

I still can get a picture through my Scart connection but it looks as though I have to send my box in for repair now :(

Anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Many Thanks,
Cal

bellejt
13-01-16, 16:40
are your settings still oke ? Otherwise try a reflash to what happens.I had my mobo defect and took 6 months to repair due to the fact after 3 months the box came back and Lan was not working.

cal91
13-01-16, 18:06
Settings all appear to be fine, everything else seems to work as normal on the box.. not sure if a re-flash would fix this issue, was hoping someone might have already come across the same fault? thanks for your help.

bellejt
13-01-16, 18:14
just beware of the setting 1080i and 1080p.I had a TV witch did not support the 1080p and had no image either.Vhange back to 1080i and all was fine

cal91
13-01-16, 19:07
Thanks for the tip, box is set for 1080i, I think broadcasters can only broadcast 1080i as well.. I was actually in the HDMI settings changing a few things back and forth to try and get a picture, but sadly nothing worked, tested a few different cables too. Think I will just have to accept that my box has developed a fault and send it back in for repair, still under warranty which is good.. if you can think of anything more please do share your thoughts. I will post what the outcome of my issue is for future reference. Thanks again

bellejt
13-01-16, 19:12
no more solutions.Better to send box in repair if it is warranty.No thx needed for help.Thts why we have forums

timofee
14-01-16, 09:57
Same problem here.

Sent it back and they had to replace motherboard.

cal91
22-01-16, 20:20
Hi Guys, just updating the thread for anyone that might face a similar issue in future, it turned out my motherboard needed replacing, all working great now, thanks for the support, Case Closed:)

dallas488
22-01-16, 23:55
Hi,

were these clone boxes or genuine? Just curious?

Thanks

timofee
23-01-16, 00:02
Motherboard here failed on a WOS supplied VU Duo2 box.

dallas488
23-01-16, 00:07
So genuine box I take it then.

DaMacFunkin
23-01-16, 06:56
Hi,

were these clone boxes or genuine? Just curious?

Thanks

As far as anyone can tell there have never been any clone duo2's..
I also had to have the mainboard replaced on mine, mine was originally supplied and then repaired by VU+ official Distributor so definitely wasn't a clone.
At the time I had my problem there was quite a few people around various forums who had the same problem who also had to have their mainboard replaced so it isn't uncommon.

bellejt
23-01-16, 10:44
mine had also a new mainboard and directly a second new mainboard.Firt one did not boot anymore and on second one ethernet (LAN) was not working anymore.

dallas488
23-01-16, 11:07
Thanks for the info guys.

cal91
24-01-16, 17:47
Mine was also a genuine box purchased from WOS, seems to be a common fault?

bobi
26-01-16, 11:09
I reported this problem 1 year back, but at that time i was hammered for bad information on another forum :-)
I did chnge the HDMI port back then, but as it was a problem further in the main board i ended up with a Vu+ Duo2 that was junk :-)

Not happy with Vu+ at that time, same problem i have seen on GigaBlue boxes, the same symptoms, sundley the HDMI port just dies.

Glad to see that WOS is a genniue supplier and help the costumers, this is most importand and they should be supported more from us users.

cheers

bobi