PDA

View Full Version : Signal Issue or is it????

SToNER
13-01-16, 12:19
HI Guys hope you can help!

I am trying to help out a mate who lives in a flat with communal dish.
He bought a Zgemma with twin tuner and to replace his old box but couldn't install it asking me to help.
Now I know we don't like the Zgemmas here but this is not the point of the post, I'm not looking for any type of Zgemma support!

The problem is:
The new box is installed using 1x tuner as he only has one feed (2nd tuner disabled). All fta fine but poor signal on CS channels.
Took the box back home works fine using one feed.
But if I plug his old box back in (openbox f5 or similar) it works a treat, no problem at all.
I restarted the router at his and made no difference.

The question is:
I believe the Zgemmas have poor tuners (even though works perfect at mine) is there a better receiver to try, I mean a box with a better tuner! What box would be recommend if you think it would help.
Ideally a single tuner that can be upgraded later if he moves.

Cheers!

Ashley69
13-01-16, 12:27
Sorry but there is no support on this forum for this box. Try another forum.

SToNER
13-01-16, 12:32
Hi
I know, I wasn't looking for support for that box - I only named it to explain the situation. I am asking for opinions if a new box would help and if so what would be recommended. I am more than happy to buy the box from world of satellite shop, I just don't want to buy one if it won't make any difference!

Ashley69
13-01-16, 12:38
That will teach me to read it proper.:attention:

DaMacFunkin
13-01-16, 13:47
But even if you are not asking for support for the zgemma you still mentioned CS...
Thread should be closed.