PDA

View Full Version : [ET10x00] Live stream rewind, how should it work?

IAmATeaf
13-01-16, 10:19
Last night I wanted to watch a program so switched to the channel but then got called away. Came back say 7-10 minutes into the program, I'll call this point A, so I rewound to the start and started watching. Watched beyond point A and an advert came so I decided to fast forward the advert, used the FF button but when I pressed play it started playing back from point A. Tried to FF again but same thing back at point A. So I hit the > button to take me to the the end of the live recorded stream, I'll call this point B. I then used the REV button to now rewind to the end of the advert and started watching.

Continued watching and another advert, so used FF but again the same thing except this time it would alway start playing from point B. So ended up pressing >, point C and then rewound. Next advert same thing but this time always played from point C.

So the question is, am I not doing the above correctly and why does it always resume from the last live reference point?

2stein
13-01-16, 10:23
i was wondering about the same already some time ago.
either there are still bugs in timeshift or the behavior is not intuitively obvious or both.

IAmATeaf
14-01-16, 20:36
Anybody have a chance to test this on a different box to see of they get the same?

outrage_uk
15-01-16, 02:01
Same here on Gigablue Quad Plus. Timeshift in general very buggy and doesn't seem to work as expected (Recording rest of the program while timeshifting (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48240-Recording-rest-of-the-program-while-timeshifting))