PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] No Internet Connection

dfox
13-01-16, 08:33
Never had this before, I tried to access the plugins menu yesterday to find nothing showed up, so I thought the feeds might have been down and just not showing me the info message.

I investigated further to find my box cannot gain an internet connection and on a network test the IP address say unconfirmed.

The box has an IP address as I can access this an FTP client. I have changed the LAN cable to see if that was the issue, I have used the wireless instead of wired and this didn't fix it.

I have reset my router but still no joy. Internet is fine to other devices and a TM Single in another room.

Any ideas anyone can come up with?

Cheers

Huevos
13-01-16, 09:07
Does it have a wired CAT5 connection direct to the router?

If the box can connect internally but not externally it sounds like a DNS fault. Does the box have a static IP and what are the DNS settings?

dfox
13-01-16, 09:35
Yeah the box has a wired connection direct to the router.

I haven't set any static IP addresses I am just using DHCP. I will post a screenshot of the settings when I get in tonight.

TK4|2|1
13-01-16, 13:21
You say you have restarted the router, but have you tried resetting the receiver? Power off at wall socket and back on.

dfox
13-01-16, 13:26
You say you have restarted the router, but have you tried resetting the receiver? Power off at wall socket and back on.

It has been like this for a couple of days now so the box has been in and out of deep standby, I just haven't had time to look at what's wrong. I haven't powered it down from the wall socket.

Human 19
13-01-16, 20:39
Is that wireless through a wireless router you tried, or wireless direct into the vu+?

There isnt even a google result for this problem!

dfox
13-01-16, 20:39
Does it have a wired CAT5 connection direct to the router?

If the box can connect internally but not externally it sounds like a DNS fault. Does the box have a static IP and what are the DNS settings?

These are my network settings.

Still not sure how this is not working. I might try the TM Single and see if that works in the place of the LX3.

Any ideas?

ccs
13-01-16, 20:57
Internet is fine to other devices and a TM Single in another room.
Have you had a look at the TM network settings to compare them?

dfox
13-01-16, 21:02
Have you had a look at the TM network settings to compare them?

No, but ill go and compare

dfox
13-01-16, 21:42
Cant see any difference on the TM settings.

Apart from on the LX3 there is an option to enable wake on LAN?

dfox
13-01-16, 21:50
Is that wireless through a wireless router you tried, or wireless direct into the vu+?

There isnt even a google result for this problem!

No, I used the wireless on the LX3 to connect to my home network

dfox
14-01-16, 07:12
Strangely tried turning it off and one at the rocker switch this morning and all working again.

That was a strange one