PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Ultra] HDMI CEC - not working right.

imish
13-01-16, 02:19
my Setup

Miracle Ultra
Panasonic Soundbar
Panasonic Viera TV

Miracle remote configured with Panasonic TV code as per manual.

Issue
1) TV shuts off when the STB is switched off (Soundar doesn't always switch off - erratic behaviour).
2) When I switch on the STB the TV does switch ON however doesnt switch to HDMI1 channel (for STB) (so not on the right channel despite having that option enabled on the HDMI CEC configuration screen - see attached).

judge
13-01-16, 02:48
The only default HDMI CEC settings I change besides enabling is the send interval, works for me on a GB & Panasonic Viera TV.
All box manufacturers drivers are different tho.

imish
13-01-16, 14:06
Will give these settings a try - thanks

imish
13-01-16, 16:51
Just tried your settings - can get the TV to come on with the STB however it doesn't switch to the hdmi Input 1 (for the STB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tkr001
14-01-16, 08:07
Get a cheap harmony remote. It will work much better.

imish
19-01-16, 00:38
hmm - its working now - the weird thing is that i havent made any changes to make it work.......bizarre.

nekrub2
27-01-16, 20:20
Dear all

I have on my VU+ Solo2 and ViX 2.0.35 and a Panasonic TV exactly the same. TV switches on when starting the box but instead of hdmi1 the tuner is used as input. I have checked the setting, also on mine it says "Switch to correct input" yes. I would be happy if someone could look into programming of this part.

I have a Logitec remote but I think it is faster more convenient and more reliable sending one IR signal than 2 (or with the tuner 3).

Thanks chaps for testing this out.
nekrub2

imish
22-06-16, 00:05
Revisiting this thread - same issue as originally reported.

Addition to that - the volume keys on the STB remote dont control the TV volume when in STB Mode - despite choosing the option - Forward Volume keys

imish
24-06-16, 03:32
any thoughts?

Andy_Hazza
25-06-16, 09:04
Have you paired the remote to the TV with the relevant tv code?

imish
26-06-16, 21:12
Have you paired the remote to the TV with the relevant tv code?

yes done that - when I press the TV button on the STB remote it can control the TV volume / switch it on and off, etc.

preetkk
04-08-16, 13:15
Have you enabled 'forward volume keys' in 'HDMI CEC Setup' ?

imish
04-08-16, 13:15
Have you enabled 'forward volume keys' in 'HDMI CEC Setup' ?

yes, tried that - no difference.

imish
05-08-16, 09:27
Obviously there is an issue - either with the hardware (Miracle box) else with the software (Openvix).

would appreciate it is someone can help troubleshoot - I am available to collect any relevant logs if guided.

twol
05-08-16, 11:20
For Panasonic (and I guess some others) there is a hotel mode menu where you can set the start up input (eg HDMI1 or HDMI3)
Basically press and hold the V- button the side of the TV and at the same time press the AV button on the Panny TV remote 3 times.
Hotel mode screen should then appear and set it to your startup input

Has always worked for my Panny's

imish
05-08-16, 11:56
will report back once I give it a try.

Valiant
05-08-16, 12:46
Obviously there is an issue - either with the hardware (Miracle box) else with the software (Openvix).

would appreciate it is someone can help troubleshoot - I am available to collect any relevant logs if guided.

imish, I also have a Miracle Box running OpenVix as per my signature.

My Miracle Box HDMI CEC setup page looks like this : -

and my Hisense TV HDMI setup page looks like this : -

This setup enables me to control the TV and MB power on/off simultaneously with a single press of the MB remote power button. The TV sound level and the selected TV channel are also controlled with the remote similarly. The Hisense can be set to detect the MB, in my case on HDMI3, a function probably not present in older or less "smart" TVs.

I have since set my Harmony One up as my remote - means the numbers are under my thumb and not 6 inches away:). The Harmony remote allows you to create an activity in which the remote software sends relevant commands to more than one device synchronising, for example, the power, volume, and channel select functions on them.

chaser
05-08-16, 22:02
I have a VU+ box connected to a Panasonic TV via a Panasonic Surround Sound box. I could never get the VU+ box to switch the TV to the correct HDMI input, so I ended up using the Hotel Mode to force the TV into HDMI mode on power up. I always found the best way to get everything working reliably was to start the system up by powering up the TV with the VU+ remote, and let the TV send the wakeup signals to the surround sound and VU+ boxes. Similarly, power everything down by using the VU+ remote to initially switch off the TV. I now have a similar setup using a LG TV - albeit the LG TV will power back up into HDMI mode without needing any silly Hotel Mode setup.

imish
09-08-16, 10:51
I have a VU+ box connected to a Panasonic TV via a Panasonic Surround Sound box. I could never get the VU+ box to switch the TV to the correct HDMI input, so I ended up using the Hotel Mode to force the TV into HDMI mode on power up. I always found the best way to get everything working reliably was to start the system up by powering up the TV with the VU+ remote, and let the TV send the wakeup signals to the surround sound and VU+ boxes. Similarly, power everything down by using the VU+ remote to initially switch off the TV. I now have a similar setup using a LG TV - albeit the LG TV will power back up into HDMI mode without needing any silly Hotel Mode setup.

Good suggestion however didn't work for me - despite switching the TV into Hotel mode it still wouldn't switch to HDMI1 (STB)....

vey frustrating that we are struggling to get such a basic feature going.

twol
09-08-16, 11:36
Good suggestion however didn't work for me - despite switching the TV into Hotel mode it still wouldn't switch to HDMI1 (STB)....

vey frustrating that we are struggling to get such a basic feature going.

Sorry, but go back into Hotel mode and just check that it is set to hdmi1 ... I have done this with 3 Panasonics over the last 10 years and it has always worked.

imish
09-08-16, 12:25
TV switches to HDMI1 in Hotel mode perfectly fine > Only when not connected to the STB. As soon as I connect the STB it doesn't switch.

nekrub2
25-03-23, 22:31
For years the Panasonic Hotel mode worked perfectly well. Now however, the TV switches on but does not change to HDMI1 anymore. I verified the hotel mode is on. The same also from my DVD Recorder, TV does not switch to HDMI2. My suspicion is, that something is odd in the TV. Panasonic TX-32LX80LXD80F.
Sat box VU+ Solo2 Openvix 6.3.003.

Any advice?

ronand
26-03-23, 08:16
It looks like the TV is the problem. Turn off HDMI-CEC on the TV. Power it off at the mains for a minute or so (completely remove power). Power it back on and enable HDMI-CEC.

twol
26-03-23, 10:13
For years the Panasonic Hotel mode worked perfectly well. Now however, the TV switches on but does not change to HDMI1 anymore. I verified the hotel mode is on. The same also from my DVD Recorder, TV does not switch to HDMI2. My suspicion is, that something is odd in the TV. Panasonic TX-32LX80LXD80F.
Sat box VU+ Solo2 Openvix 6.3.003.

Any advice?
Hotel mode still working on my Panny plasma, so I would assume its the TV failing for some reason

nekrub2
27-03-23, 09:10
Switched off Vieralink on TV. As a result, the sat box does not switch off / on the TV. Quick fix.: Leave the TV on HDMI1 (SAT) input and switch off the power line of the TV. When switching on the power again it starts on the sat input. So I just have to start the sat box.