PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to a Duo 2 from an Ultimo .... Good Idea or should I wait for it to fail ?

eeza
12-01-16, 15:59
Hello Peeps.

OK I have had my Ultimo for about two years now and am thinking about an upgrade, I really like the form factor of the earlier VU receivers in that they fit my Shelf perfectly, The ultimo is fine and working as it should so question is: are the benefits of a Duo 2 worth the £150 upgrade costs (I will sell my Ultimo)

I like the look of it and its VU's Flagship product so that helps, there are a few 380 mm (but not many) wide receivers around but I have had little or no trouble from the Ultimo so am leaning towards the Duo 2.

Your thoughts would be appreciated if you have already made the move. Or am I being silly and should I wait out the Ultimo ?

Many Thanks

tappari
12-01-16, 16:10
I have done it. Much faster box Duo2 is. Not to say Ultimo is bad.

bassethound
12-01-16, 16:45
love my Ultimo great flexible box i could not let my go does everything i need it to

speed is not every thing reliability is more important

eeza
12-01-16, 19:26
Yea I kinda get the reliability bit..... Its been faultless bar a few sillies that are mainly down to me :confused:

eeza
08-11-16, 13:01
Yea I kinda get the reliability bit..... Its been faultless bar a few sillies that are mainly down to me :confused:

I did upgrade earlier this year and to be honest the boot up time is better and that's it really, the LCD is a gimmick nothing more so would I do it again hmmmm I doubt it

wullboy
08-11-16, 14:25
I had a duo2 myself, but sold it and bought the Mut@nt 2400hd box, and its nice little box m8

Stanman
08-11-16, 18:37
Hold your money and wait for the 4k boxes to mature and than buy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Huevos
08-11-16, 19:22
Advantage of the Ultimo is it allows tuner combinations not possible with the Duo2. For example 2x S2, 1x C, 1x T2. And the VFD is the best of any box I've tried. Once booted the Ultimo is still reasonable for performance.