PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to set up motorised dish

MysteryMan
09-01-16, 17:53
Have been getting great help on previous thread to get my Vu+ Solo upgraded to latest firmware and now I am after help with (re-)setting up for motorised dish, so, thought it was best to start a new thread!

I just need to set up for satellites between 1W and 28.2E and, unfortunately, USALS does not work well for all satellites - seems OK for 28.2 but gets worse as get to 1W.

At the moment, it is set up to use USALS and if I start on 28.2 and tune to a channel then do Setup - Service Searching - Positioner Setup then I can see the SNR at 61%

I can use the "Fine Movement" options to step the dish and can increase this to 81%. However, I cannot see any way to save this and if I exit and go back in then it has reverted to 61%.

So, the first question is whether there is any way to fine tune and save the USALS satellite positions or do I have to do this some other way. If it is the "other way" then can someone give me some instructions, please?

I know I managed to do this last time, but, cannot for the life of me remember how!!!!!

Huevos
10-01-16, 03:57
Just move your longitude a few tenths in either direction until you have the best SNR.

lincsat
10-01-16, 05:11
It's extremely difficult to get the dish 100% correct, even for an expert. Doing what Huevos suggests will compensate, in extreme cases you can adjust the lat as well. With some patience, you can get everything as close as possible.

MysteryMan
10-01-16, 17:46
Thanks for replies. I have tweaked the longitude in USALS settings and got the optimum SNR for all sats, so, am happy again!!!!

Dangs
11-01-16, 14:06
Hi I'm in the process of setting up a fixed 28.2 and motorised setup on a solo2 can autobouquets be used on motorised setup if so how