PDA

View Full Version : New receiver, Duo2 or ET10000?

bug2k14
08-01-16, 13:38
Currently have a Vu+ Solo2, been a great receiver for the last couple of years.
I'm looking get something like the Duo2 or ET10000 which can support more tuners and full hardware transcoding.

I really liked the Vu+ app, but it appears it only allows viewing of transcoded streams rather that the original stream. I've found transcoded streaming to be very poor quality and choppy. While viewing the original stream through the web interface has been perfect, it's just not as family friendly as the app.

I'm hoping the hardware transcoding might improve the streaming.

I'd appreciate any experience of these receivers or other alternatives.

Thanks.

gibbletts
08-01-16, 15:14
I have duo 2 and the iPad app works fine

Sicilian
08-01-16, 15:55
Xtrend have an Android app, or use Blackbox on iOS.

For me the colour LCD I'm not a fan of, imo Et10k price is a no brainier compared to Duo2 price for the same spec.

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 15:55
The Mutant is more versatile in the tuner slot options.

Sicilian
08-01-16, 15:56
The Mutant is more versatile in the tuner slot options.

Same as ET10k.

bug2k14
08-01-16, 22:19
Thanks, might give the ET10000 a go, looks to be a similar spec to the duo2. I don't like the look of the colour display on the duo, but all the white logo/writing on the Et10000 doesn't look great either, the white one looks a little better.

nsw9154
09-01-16, 00:54
I have the Duo2 - Mut@nt HD2400 and the ET10k and i can thoroughly recommend the ET10k

olijack
09-01-16, 12:58
Hey nsw9154 I am looking to replace a Technomate Nano 3-T which while good does have some stability issues and I am thinking quad tuners is the way to go. I have narrowed my choice down to either the Mutant HD2400 and the ET10k and apart from the hardware transcoding usb port quantity and Ethernet port quantity they both seem very similar in most other regards.

I was wondering what is your impression of each of these boxes strengths and weaknesses in everyday use and which is your personal choice between the two?

Photovoltaic
12-01-16, 05:26
Xtrend have an Android app

If you have the OpenViX image over Stock, will the Xtrend apps etc still function as normal, or does this require stock image?

Sicilian
12-01-16, 12:11
Yes apps work as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassethound
12-01-16, 12:15
Helped a friend setup a Mut@nt HD2400 the remote is shockingly terrible puts me off buying one :lifting:

DaMacFunkin
12-01-16, 12:21
Put your tin hat on methinks...

Andy_Hazza
12-01-16, 12:26
The Mut@nt HD2400 is a fantastic receiver and the remote is nice when you get used to it. Only took me a day or two to like it. Also sinceI've had mine, not had to charge the remote up yet. Super duper!! [emoji4]

joysleep1
12-01-16, 14:37
it is a bit small. All the buttons are squashed together . Terrible remote. Xtrend or Vu make much nicer remotes. Plus they are universal too.:)

Bazzer
12-01-16, 15:08
Wow it makes me laugh about remotes who cares has long has the box works well and I got to admit The Mutant HD 2400 will knock spots off any Vu or Xtrend . :amen:

nsw9154
12-01-16, 15:31
I love the Mut@nt but the remote can take time to get used to but once you get used to it it's fine, but i still manage to turn it off sometimes when i go to press the record button as it's in a stupid place right beneath the power button and about time that Mut@nt sorted out a better remote, i liked it at first but it's little foibles are starting to get annoying
but the receiver itself is a cracker and probably the best one out their and to be honest most remotes have their good and bad points

now the Extrend ET10k i love the receiver and i love the remote so what more can i say :thumbsup:

nsw9154
12-01-16, 15:35
Hey nsw9154 I am looking to replace a Technomate Nano 3-T which while good does have some stability issues and I am thinking quad tuners is the way to go. I have narrowed my choice down to either the Mutant HD2400 and the ET10k and apart from the hardware transcoding usb port quantity and Ethernet port quantity they both seem very similar in most other regards.

I was wondering what is your impression of each of these boxes strengths and weaknesses in everyday use and which is your personal choice between the two?

just noticed your post olijack after i posted my comments above as the 9th was my birthday and i have just recovered :D

joysleep1
12-01-16, 16:44
Wow it makes me laugh about remotes who cares has long has the box works well and I got to admit The Mutant HD 2400 will knock spots off any Vu or Xtrend . :amen:

I think a good remote is important when buying a receiver. And why do you think the mut@nt will "knock spots" of any other receiver?

Bazzer
12-01-16, 17:03
I think a good remote is important when buying a receiver. And why do you think the mut@nt will "knock spots" of any other receiver?

So would you buy a Zgemma because it's a good remote:confused: . My son has a Vu duo and it ain't half has fast has the Mutant and to be honest I had the Solo and I would never touch one again Vu survives on its name how many times is there issues with drivers etc. Just my own opinion about Vu :thumbsup::thumbsup:

joysleep1
12-01-16, 17:33
So would you buy a Zgemma because it's a good remote:confused: . My son has a Vu duo and it ain't half has fast has the Mutant and to be honest I had the Solo and I would never touch one again Vu survives on its name how many times is there issues with drivers etc. Just my own opinion about Vu :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was not talking about Zgemma receivers. And you cant compare the Vu duo with the Mut@nt hd2400. The specs are completely different.

Bazzer
12-01-16, 19:20
Might try the Xtrend next just for the remote :D

Andy_Hazza
12-01-16, 19:51
I loved my Xtrend ET10K that much I got rid of it......... [emoji5]

joysleep1
13-01-16, 10:19
I loved my Xtrend ET10K that much I got rid of it......... [emoji5]

You never give any reason why you do not like the et10k

casuk
13-01-16, 12:29
I love my et10k just works perfectly and as a serial receiver buyer I haven't bought anything new since iv had it, I think remote is very important when buying a receiver of such high spec and price as its the one thing you will use mostly is the remote

joysleep1
13-01-16, 13:04
I love my et10k just works perfectly and as a serial receiver buyer I haven't bought anything new since iv had it, I think remote is very important when buying a receiver of such high spec and price as its the one thing you will use mostly is the remote

agreed..........

Huevos
13-01-16, 13:17
I love my et10k just works perfectly and as a serial receiver buyer I haven't bought anything new since iv had it, I think remote is very important when buying a receiver of such high spec and price as its the one thing you will use mostly is the remoteMost diehards here use a Harmony.

casuk
13-01-16, 13:19
Most people don't want to spend an extra £100 for a remote after paying over £200 on a receiver

joysleep1
13-01-16, 13:19
Most diehards here use a Harmony.

yh fair enough. If you want a completely universal remote then they are the best. But not everyone wants to spend more money after buying a new receiver.
One question tho, is there any lag at all when using 3rd party remotes?

Bazzer
13-01-16, 13:35
yh fair enough. If you want a completely universal remote then they are the best. But not everyone wants to spend more money after buying a new receiver.
One question tho, is there any lag at all when using 3rd party remotes?

I use the Harmony 650 works great for all my systems very good remote for £30 no lag at all and one press of a button and all my stuff is put in standby :thumbsup:

nsw9154
13-01-16, 14:16
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;388286]I loved my Xtrend ET10K that much I got rid of it......... [emoji5]

but only to Downgrade to a Solo2 4k :eek::fart2::D

bsdbm
13-01-16, 14:35
Are the remotes with the et8000 and et10k the same?

I'm considering both boxes, want 3 tuners, but can't at the moment justify the extra £80 for the et10k which I would need to pay or am I missing something bigger? Have only got a vu+ zero at the mo, fixed 28.2 dish and about to get VM installed which is why I am thinking 2 cable tuners, 1 sat (as still have existing slyHD box which I use for my subscription package).

joysleep1
13-01-16, 14:52
Are the remotes with the et8000 and et10k the same?

I'm considering both boxes, want 3 tuners, but can't at the moment justify the extra £80 for the et10k which I would need to pay or am I missing something bigger? Have only got a vu+ zero at the mo, fixed 28.2 dish and about to get VM installed which is why I am thinking 2 cable tuners, 1 sat (as still have existing slyHD box which I use for my subscription package).

Yh they are the same. My cousin ordered one a few months back and it looks identical to mine. I have the ET10000 and he has the ET8000

peteb2428
17-01-16, 18:30
XTREND 10000 all day the xtrend vs mutant has been done to death

THE XTREND WON