PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo Dead after Re-flash

ns77
08-01-16, 12:35
I have just reflashed my solo2 not a problem so i thought i would update my old Solo, put latest image on usb went through the process (took about 2-3 mins) removed usb rebooted box when first powered up the led is red as normal then goes to green as if it is booting up but then just stays on green, the led pulses if i try & change volume etc, i have tried a couple of different images (VIX) but nothing happening,i did a back up of the old image before flashing but cant get to boot screen to restore, any ideas?
cheers

Andy_Hazza
08-01-16, 14:09
Is it a genuine receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ns77
08-01-16, 15:47
Yeah i think so,i'm sure i remember years ago there was discussions that you could tell by the vents if it was a copy,might be wrong.i now have it back up & running.But i had to install the original image from 2012 then restore off hdd the image i made before flash.i have only tried vix images.not sure if this ,makes any sense to you guys ?????
cheers

Bazzer
08-01-16, 16:45
Not sure if I am correct but I believe the Solo struggles with the latest images . I had one and struggled to flash and keep it updated :confused:. Gave up in the end and opted for The Mutant HD 2400 brilliant box . I would stick with imagee that works m8.

bellejt
08-01-16, 17:29
maybe an update off the bootloader is necessairy : http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/bootloaders/venton-unibox-bootloaders/vu-solo-bootloaders/

Works just like a normal update.Then afterwords reflash image.

ns77
08-01-16, 17:52
After flashing the bootloader does the box boot in to any screen or is it just a blank screen?

bellejt
08-01-16, 18:05
you need to flash bootloader.Takes a few seconds.When nothing happens anymore (perhaps wait 30 secs) then shutdown box with switch and do update flash procedure with new image.After that box should automatically start normally into new image.

ns77
08-01-16, 18:26
cheers mate might give it a go tomorrow, i noticed when i unzipped the bootloader file the date is 25/05/2011 ?????

bellejt
08-01-16, 18:31
is oke.No new bootloader after that.You can find all in the dowload section. Up on the site button : Vix images :)