PDA

View Full Version : Stream live tv from sat box to kodi

pmacari
08-01-16, 10:54
Hi all

Help! !!

I have managed to install kodi on amazon fire stick and put on TV upstairs. I have hooked this up to my tm nano 3t sat box downstairs and can watch recorded programmes from the sat box via the fire stick with no problem. However when trying to watch live tv from the sat box I get buffering

I can watch live tv with iplayer via the firestick no problem.

I have good Internet speed but have a standard talk talk router with a wifi booster upstairs. This works really well for everything else so not sure if issue.

As iplayer and recorded tv from the sat box work perfectly I am struggling with why live tv from the sat box is failing.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Piero

PS I have also set up advanced buffer settings on kodi using the various guides on the Internet

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

gibbletts
08-01-16, 11:36
I found kodi to be a hit and miss, using remotechannelstreamconverter and a cheap box running vix is a much better solution plus get full epg and no buffering even on he channels

Trial
08-01-16, 15:27
Hi,
install and activate the VU+/Enigma2 PVR AddOn in Kodi. When network is working good live TV is no problem.

ciao

pmacari
08-01-16, 15:36
Thanks. I have done that and this is how I view the saved videos through this addon

Its just the live tv keeps buffering

😕

Trial
08-01-16, 19:08
Hi,
on my Amazon Box with cable it is no problem. I think your WiFi might be to weak.

ciao

pmacari
08-01-16, 19:16
Thanks for help; good to sound this out

Actually this streams well on my galaxy s6 with WiFi, no buffering (unless wife is face timing)... I think the firestick ram is not enough...

Thoughts?

Human 19
08-01-16, 22:39
have you seen this? (I dont have a firestick myself)
"Check Your Network Status
Many streaming and video quality issues are caused by a problem with your Internet connection."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201612210

pmacari
08-01-16, 22:51
Thanks. I stream iplayer on the Amazon fire stick without problem so network seems OK (and can stream onto my galaxy s6 too)

I'll play with some of these anyway... fingers crossed.

Thanks again

DaMacFunkin
09-01-16, 07:01
iPlayer is heavily compressed and optimised for streaming, it is no indication of an objects capabilities, one thing to check though is turn off timeshift on your master box when trying to stream live tv, another thing to do is force the fire stick to 50hz output, that on the fly frame rate conversion is slowing it down, both these things are worth a try they have made a difference to some things i have tried recently. I can tell you from my own experiences, streaming full transport streams to fire stick via wi-fi is flaky, Over cat6 to Fire Tv or Fire TV 4k is much better, the stick only has half the ram and the cores of the first Fire TV, added to the lack of hardwire that maybe the failure.
As a second note i picked the Fire TV 4k up for £55 in between christmas and new year, it was on offer at Amazon for £65 and Amazon prime now has just launched in my area with £10 off your first order, it was here same morning.. love it. :thumbsup:

Trial
09-01-16, 09:39
Hi,
is the TV between the stick and your router? When the TV is between these 2 it might act as an barrier. Try positioning the stick a bit different. From my VUs I know that placing an WiFi stick a bit different (extension cable) can make a huge difference.

ciao

pmacari
10-01-16, 11:49
Thanks both

Tried all the above still buffering

Going to try a new router with stronger signal n500.

Failing that any suggestions for live streaming tv addon for Germany? Not quite the same as accessing the box but a plan b

Thanks again

grahammcm1888
25-01-16, 21:52
I used to be able to stream to my raspberry pi2 from my vu duo2 without any problems. Now however I cannot seem to get anything to stream to the pi via the VU+ PVR addon. Streaming and trans-coding to any other device is fine. Very strange. I have reinstalled Kodi, uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin but the RPI VU PVR does not want to update the channel list or epg. I have the correct ip address , port and password etc.

giub1981
26-01-16, 15:03
I am having the same issue trying to stream from my ET10000 to firestick. Iv used my iPhone and iPad (all via Kodi) in the same room as the stick over WIFI and it works fine.

I tried to find various APK's and sideloaded them to my fire stick to see if I can stream it that way. The problem I have with this is that I cant move the cursor with my fire stick remote so can not input my settings or select a channel the watch.

I did manage to get VU+ Player (version 2) to work on the fire stick with no problems. I thought that I solved the issue, however, there is an annoying competition that pops up when you load the app up for the 2nd time onwards, which asks you to click "next" to remove it. The problem is, I cant select it as the cursor will not let me move it to next.

Any help will be appreciated.

pmacari
26-01-16, 18:48
Wukong remote can help. It's an app that then can put a mouse pointer on your screen.

Mine still was rubbish on the fire stick. I think its ram isn't good enough.

DaMacFunkin
26-01-16, 19:13
Using the VU player 2 on the Fire TV box which has more memory and faster processor is just the same via wifi, I think that is where the problem lies, the broadcast quality stream is too much for the wi-if.

pmacari
26-01-16, 19:15
So better router should work?

Although works near perfect on a my Samsung galaxy s6 (when all other wifi devices are off) so can be done I think

giub1981
27-01-16, 10:45
So can Wukong remote integrate with the Firestick? If I was to get the app for the iPhone and launch it, how do you get it to work on the TV screen when on the Firestick?

When I 1st installed vu player on the firestick, it did work great on SD channels, Its just the annoying competition that pops up when you load the VU player that I need to get rid of.

giub1981
28-01-16, 11:13
OK, I seem to have found a solution for using an app to control any side loaded apk's on the Fire stick. I downloaded an app called "Remote Mouse for Fire Tv" from the App store (for iPhone, iPad). Link below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-mouse-for-fire-tv/id981405470?mt=8

You also need to download the app for the fire stick itself. Info in link below:

http://www.aftvnews.com/remote-mouse-app-released-for-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick/

Now I have set this up, I can use my iPhone to move a cursor on the fire Stick, to enable me to set up VU+ Player.

Hope this helps some of you!!