PDA

View Full Version : Inverto Or Techomate LNB

fullmonty
07-01-16, 19:06
Hi
Could someone tell me if Inverto Black Ultra HGLN 0.2db any good?
As I need to buy a new LNB.
The one I had was Techomate TM-1 gold 0.1db
I notice that WOS doesn't sell them why?
Iv got a 80cm motorized dish and pick-up 42e to 42w
Using vu+ solo2
Thanks

twol
07-01-16, 22:10
To be honest if you live in the UK any reasonable LNB will be fine, if you live in a marginal signal area , then the Inverto is a big load of **** :)

fullmonty
07-01-16, 22:29
Thanks for the reply so I should get a Techomate then?

twol
07-01-16, 23:30
Probably anything with a 0.3dB should be fine ... Some of the cheaper LNB,s have provided the best results in our tests in Continental Europe.

DaMacFunkin
08-01-16, 09:28
I had the Technomate gold octo and retuned it, it caused serious glitching on one set whilst changing channel on another on all my Vu boxes (not on my Technomate box though) there was no shorts on the cables ether, changed it for a cheap sky Zinwell octo and had no problems.

ronand
08-01-16, 09:54
My inverto black ultra twin lnb has failed on me after less than 2 years up. I would have expected a bit longer from it.

twol
08-01-16, 10:12
have to say that I was extremely disappointed with Inverto .... their marketing is obviously good because they are usually referenced the most ...... but like DaMacFunkin, some of the LNB's at almost 1/3rd of the Inverto price were better performers. (there are a group of us here in marginal reception areas and we have tried most available LNB,s :) )
I currently use Invacom and they have good performance..... not cheap but I need a C120 flange for my 1.5M dish for the feedhorn. :)
In my view take the 0.1/0.2 figures as just good marketing :)

electrocop
08-01-16, 13:14
I am using Technomate 4-way LNBs and they are just fine. Had them installed for the past 2 years with no problems at all. You can't argue with the value for money at under a tenner!

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 15:33
Had an Inverto Ultra, failed just after 12 months.
Have a TM 0.1 gold, still going strong after three years.