PDA

View Full Version : Receiver reset

copyright
07-01-16, 18:02
Hi

I have a new VU+ solo 2 on Cable and have totally messed up the set up. How can I reset the box to the "delivered " state with the open Vix on and everything clear?

Thanks

bellejt
07-01-16, 18:04
reflash .If you have no backup delivered state will be gone.

copyright
07-01-16, 18:13
flippin heck,

is a reflash a big job? total Newb here

abu baniaz
07-01-16, 18:26
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24773-How-to-USB-flash-upgrade-VU-Solo2

copyright
07-01-16, 22:40
thanks for the link

now getting an error message "timeout for tuner lock"

What could that be?

abu baniaz
07-01-16, 22:51
Is that when running AutoBouquetsMaker? Most common mistake is people tell receiver that a tuner has a signal wire connected when there is nothing connected to the tuner.

copyright
07-01-16, 23:23
Is that when running AutoBouquetsMaker? Most common mistake is people tell receiver that a tuner has a signal wire connected when there is nothing connected to the tuner.

hi,

it didt is origionally when when searching for channels in bouquet, sorted that.

Now doing it when tuning

I have a hard wire Lan connection not wifi?

where will i find that instruction? (signal wire) and I will check it.

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 00:36
The Solo 2 has two built-in satellite tuners. To help understand what you have, please kindly answer the following questions. The questions have been asked to help you. 11 separate answers would be better.

01. Have you added any other USB tuners?
02. If applicable, what is this tuner?
03. If applicable, have you installed the drivers for this additional tuner?
04. If applicable, does this additional this additional tuner show up in the list of tuners?
05. If applicable, what is connected to this additional tuner?
06. If applicable, what have you programmed/set/configured the additionla tuner.

07. Do you have a wire from the satellite dish connected to tuner A?
08. Is it a direct/separate (i.e no splitters) connection to the satellite dish?
09. What have you programmed/set/configured Tuner A as?

09. Do you have a wire from the satellite dish connected to tuner B
10. Is it a direct/separate (i.e no splitters) connection to the satellite dish?
11. What have you programmed/set/configured Tuner B

copyright
08-01-16, 17:36
The Solo 2 has two built-in satellite tuners. To help understand what you have, please kindly answer the following questions. The questions have been asked to help you. 11 separate answers would be better.

01. Have you added any other USB tuners? No
02. If applicable, what is this tuner?NO
03. If applicable, have you installed the drivers for this additional tuner?NO
04. If applicable, does this additional this additional tuner show up in the list of tuners?No
05. If applicable, what is connected to this additional tuner?No
06. If applicable, what have you programmed/set/configured the additionla tuner.No

07. Do you have a wire from the satellite dish connected to tuner A? See first post ( Yes)
08. Is it a direct/separate (i.e no splitters) connection to the satellite dish? NO,Splitter down line
09. What have you programmed/set/configured Tuner A as? DVB-C (options are DVB-C / DVB T2

09. Do you have a wire from the satellite dish connected to tuner BNo
10. Is it a direct/separate (i.e no splitters) connection to the satellite dish?No
11. What have you programmed/set/configured Tuner Bnot enabled

I have answered above best I can.

One thing I did note is that I changed the config from "auto" selection to "tuner A" but I cant find the menu to switch it back!

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 17:45
Thanks for answering.

I am a bit confused. The Solo2 only has satellite tuners. Have you got the name of receiver mixed up? You should not be able to set a sat tuner to cable either. Can you post a screenshot of the following pages please? (Link in signature if you need it)

1. Menu > Information > About
2. Menu > Information > Devices

copyright
08-01-16, 18:03
VU+Solo SE version 2

I have tried the screen Grab via the IP address and cant connect to the box, its taking to long to respond

copyright
08-01-16, 18:11

bellejt
08-01-16, 18:16
you have a box with dual cable tuners inserted instead of satelite tuners.

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 18:20
Okay, you have a "Solo SE Version2" not a "Solo 2". You also have a twin tuner cable module.

Can you post following screen shots please? Use the OSD screenshot option. Works better when no TV picture is present.

1. Menu> Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
2. Menu> Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > Tuner A
3. Menu> Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > Tuner B

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 19:17
Got the email. Set both tuners as pictured. The network ID is used to filter out unwanted channels, it does not work in the UK from my experience. You must however select correct Net ID in ABM

Run ABM. If it runs fine well and good.Otherwise...
Option 1. Not sure if anyone has used the dual VuPlus tuners for ABM, so try disabling the second tuner ( nothing connected) and run ABM again.
Option 2. Enable debug logs. Menu > setup > system > logs > Settings > Enable debug logs Restart required for it to take effect. Run ABM again then attach debug logs.

copyright
08-01-16, 19:28
LOGS menu is blank

no sub menu within46421

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 19:31
Did you enable the debug logs?
Menu > setup > system > logs > Settings > Enable debug logs

You will find the logs at /home /root/logs by default. Save to PC and attach to thread as attachment

copyright
08-01-16, 19:38
I cant enable the de bug logs as the menu is empty.

cant find home/root/logs

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 19:43
Start off with a blank screen, list every button push/menu you select.

copyright
08-01-16, 20:07
right,, managed to get a LOG

Which part would you like to view?

copyright
08-01-16, 20:15

this is between a lot of "failed"

copyright
08-01-16, 20:17

this is between a lot of "failed"

copyright
08-01-16, 20:40
wife is giving it now...

Three bloody days you have been messing with that box..

" its friday and I want to watch the telly"

abu baniaz
08-01-16, 23:58
Way to do it is:
Using any FTP progarm such as Filezilla, navigate to /home/root/logs. Transfer the debug log to PC. Attach the debug log to the thread.

copyright
09-01-16, 20:38
I have sorted the transponder list and services.

It was a faulty cable from the splitter. I did a bit of swapping round and discovered it.

Thanks for your help you have been very patient. On a positive note I now know the menues back to front and inside out. Now to get over the final hurdle.

Thanks again

copyright
09-01-16, 21:59
everything up and running

thanks MR AB

you are a starman.