PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think?

Fer De Lance
06-01-16, 16:09
Afternoon all,

Long time lurker first time poster.....Just needed some advice / thoughts from you knowledgeable people.

I have been running a Technomate TM-2T-OE for some time, great reliable little workhorse, its got the latest VIX image but I find Cross EPG a little slow to respond to remote commands and also when scrolling across to later times quite slow indeed, I wondered if this was a limitation of the dual core 405MHz Broadcom Dual Core MIPS Processor and if I was to upgrade to a 1.3GHz processor receiver like a Vuo Solo 2 or technomate nano 2 super? feature wise I am happy with the box, just looking for a little more fluidity and zip, would I see that improvement?

Thanks for the info gents

dwarf
06-01-16, 18:22
The newer 1.3GHz based receivers run enigma 2 lovely. You'll notice a massive difference in response, zap times and epg browsing compared to your old Technomate.

If I was recommending a receiver I would go for the Xtrend ET8000 its cheaper than the solo2 (same price as the Technomate) but can take a third tuner and 2.5" or 3.5" drives also has a universal remote.

abu baniaz
06-01-16, 19:32
Your receiver will fare better during memory intensive processes such as Cross EPG download if you add a swap file to receiver.

Fer De Lance
06-01-16, 20:57
Your receiver will fare better during memory intensive processes such as Cross EPG download if you add a swap file to receiver.

Thanks! That has certainly helped! noticibly quicker now, much appreciated