PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] cycle of channels in a bouquet not working as expected

fredphoesh
05-01-16, 12:23
Hello again.

I noticed that if you cycle down through your channels in a particular bouquet, it will go down the list to the bottom then go back to the top of the same bouquet. This is normal IMO.
BUT
If you are at the top channel in a bouquet, then go UP (Ch-), you go (as expected) to the bottom channel of that bouquet, BUT if you then press down(Ch+), you do not return to the channel at the top, you go to the next Bouquet! This is inconsistent and I think is not correct.

If my explanation is confusing, I can make a video showing it in action.
What IMO should happen, is if you are in a bouquet, say SPORTS, going up and down as you please should only cycle around that bouquet, and should never leave that SPORTS bouquet unless you choose to do that... do you agree?

Thanks!

IAmATeaf
05-01-16, 22:19
On my xtrend et10000 whilst in a bouquet regardless of where you are pressing ch up/down moves you between bouquets and has always done as far as I recall.

bbbuk
05-01-16, 23:50
I'm sure it can be changed in menu settings to either way.

My preference is to allow it to scroll between bouquet sections so I can easily scroll through the channels until I find something that isn't repeated or I like :)

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 01:00
I'm sure it can be changed in menu settings to either way.

My preference is to allow it to scroll between bouquet sections so I can easily scroll through the channels until I find something that isn't repeated or I like :)

Would you mind telling me how it can be changed in menu settings... I have not seen a way.
Thanks....

If I am in the mood for watching sport, it is unlikely I will want to look at my DOCUMENTARY or NEWS bouquets... It should at least be consistent, scrolling one way keeps it in the bouquet, but changing direction causes it to leave the bouquet... which is why I think it is a bug, not a feature or option in the system... I hope I'm wrong!

judge
06-01-16, 03:26
Hello again.

I noticed that if you cycle down through your channels in a particular bouquet, it will go down the list to the bottom then go back to the top of the same bouquet. This is normal IMO.
BUT
If you are at the top channel in a bouquet, then go UP (Ch-), you go (as expected) to the bottom channel of that bouquet, BUT if you then press down(Ch+), you do not return to the channel at the top, you go to the next Bouquet! This is inconsistent and I think is not correct.

If my explanation is confusing, I can make a video showing it in action.
What IMO should happen, is if you are in a bouquet, say SPORTS, going up and down as you please should only cycle around that bouquet, and should never leave that SPORTS bouquet unless you choose to do that... do you agree?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean? with default settings:
Using up/down in a bouquet moves up/down a channel.
Using </> in a bouquet moves to next/previous bouquet marker.
Using ch+/ch- in a bouquet moves to next bouquet.

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 10:21
Not sure what you mean? with default settings:
Using up/down in a bouquet moves up/down a channel.
Using in a bouquet moves to next/previous bouquet marker.
Using ch+/ch- in a bouquet moves to next bouquet.

EDIT
"CHANGE BOUQUETS IN QUICKZAP" set to NO does the trick!!

However, this does not explain the inconsistency. (ch- vs ch+)

Hi,
I could gave been more clear... I'm referring to the ch+ ch- buttons while viewing the TV, not viewing bouquets.

In my vu solo2, if I'm watching a channel in my SPORTS bouquet, and press ch- so I go to the top of the bouquet, and I press ch- again, I go to the bottom channel in the same (sports) bouquet. Now if I then press ch+ once, I go to the next bouquet (leave the sports bouquet). This is inconsistent. It should either stay in the same bouquet or not, but here it stays in sport if you use ch- past the first channel but leaves sport if you press ch+ past the bottom channel in the bouquet.

I just did a test on my vu zero and it behaves differently!! It is consistent, ch+- will eventually leave the bouquet.

I don't see a setting... How else could there be a discrepancy? They both have openvix 3.2 build 32...

Odd!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

judge
06-01-16, 10:38
Still not sure what you mean?
CH+/CH- zaps to next/before channes in bouquets.

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 11:13
It you set "change bouquets in quickzap" to yes, then watch a channel, press ch- till you are at the first channel on that bouquet, then press ch- again, you'll be watching the last channel in that bouquet, but if you press ch+, you will not be watching the first channel in the bouquet again, it'll go to the next bouquet, ie inconsistent behaviour.

I'll send a video if you don't understand me.

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 12:29
See here:
https://goo.gl/photos/KeBKNEYycEqdL6Rx5

IAmATeaf
06-01-16, 23:30
If you enable that option then for me CH +/- jump to the bouquet above or below and then goes up or down from the last channel you were on on the previous/next bouquet. Found it pretty strange but quit consistent in what it did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fredphoesh
07-01-16, 10:53
Hi
Are you referring to using ch+- while viewing tv full screen, ie NOT browsing channels in your bouquets lists?

IAmATeaf
07-01-16, 13:49
Hi
Are you referring to using ch+- while viewing tv full screen, ie NOT browsing channels in your bouquets lists?

Yes, so in current bouquet watching a channel pressing ch+ zaps me to the next bouquet and then onto the next channel I had been watching within that bouquet. If I the press the ch- button it zaps me back to previous bouquet but as I was on the top most channel it then zaps me to the bouquet previous to that and then to the previous channel I had been watching within that bouquet.

To me what it's logically doing is correct as the option to zap between bouquets has been set.

fredphoesh
07-01-16, 14:52
Yes, so in current bouquet watching a channel pressing ch+ zaps me to the next bouquet and then onto the next channel I had been watching within that bouquet. If I the press the ch- button it zaps me back to previous bouquet but as I was on the top most channel it then zaps me to the bouquet previous to that and then to the previous channel I had been watching within that bouquet.

To me what it's logically doing is correct as the option to zap between bouquets has been set.
Bizarre, how can I have two boxes which will stay in the same bouquet if I press ch- past the top channel in the bouquet and will leave the bouquet of I ch+ past the bottom channel on the list??

Not the end of the world, but mysterious to say the least.