PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Zero] mgcamd needs to be manually restarted frequently

fredphoesh
05-01-16, 12:10
Hi guys,
I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is solved some other way...

I seem to frequently need to restart MGCAMD 1.38 after updating etc. (seems to be more often than just with updating)
For me it is relatively easy to go to settings and to restart MGCAMD, but for my mother, who is not technically capable at all, even guiding her to reset it over the phone is a major mission and exercise in patience.

I know it can be set to auto start with boot up, but is there a way to have it auto start any time it is not running?

tx

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 01:08
I have just verified that the mgcamd needs restarting sometimes even when the box has simply been in standby, no updating, no rebooting... is anyone else experiencing this?

I wonder if anyone has thought of writing an addon which somehow pings to check if mgcamd needs restarting and then restarts it automatically. Better still, if the VU box did not "lose" the connection with mgcamd when in standby.

judge
06-01-16, 03:21
I wonder if anyone has thought of writing an addon which somehow pings to check if mgcamd needs restarting and then restarts it automatically. Better still, if the VU box did not "lose" the connection with mgcamd when in standby.
Why would anyone write a script for an old outdated closed source cam?
If the ViX cam manager doesn't restart your cam when needed, maybe time to change to an open source cam like oscam?

roy0110
06-01-16, 06:26
this has been a problem for some in the past.
there is probably something not quite right in your cam settings.
use the search box near top of the forum, you will find a few posts on the subject.
some good souls posted a copy of their settings that work as intended.
someone (may be a mod) even has a link in their signature that helps.
good luck.

fredphoesh
06-01-16, 08:37
this has been a problem for some in the past.
there is probably something not quite right in your cam settings.
use the search box near top of the forum, you will find a few posts on the subject.
some good souls posted a copy of their settings that work as intended.
someone (may be a mod) even has a link in their signature that helps.
good luck.
Hi,
Well, I have three VU boxes, they all do it by default. I did search mgcamd restart but didn't find anything (granted I only spent 10 minutes looking...) I'll look again and also look into Oscam.

Tx

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Paul_B
01-03-16, 15:42
I am also having this issue using mgcamd 1.38 and 1.35a on my Xtrend 8000 using Openvix.

If I put my box in standby mode for a couple of hours and switch it back on the picture is black and I have to go into softcam menu and restart the cam manually.

Sometimes I can get away with not having to restart it but occasionally I will which is frustrating the life out of me

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

s2tephen
01-03-16, 17:49
I presume you are pressing the blue button ( enable startup) after you start the cam in softcam settings

Paul_B
01-03-16, 17:53
I presume you are pressing the blue button ( enable startup) after you start the cam in softcam settings

Yes I have enabled startup (green tick) but it still happens..

roy0110
01-03-16, 17:57
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47733-MGCAM-Not-Starting-every-time&highlight=mgcamd+settings

see post 7 in this thread

Paul_B
01-03-16, 18:07
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47733-MGCAM-Not-Starting-every-time&highlight=mgcamd+settings

see post 7 in this thread

Thanks, I will try that when I get home and see how it goes..

Paul_B
01-03-16, 19:37
Do you know what I've just realised, when I turn on my box I'm also turning on the router which takes a few mins to get going, that's why mgcamd doesn't start and has to be restarted.

Is there any way around that? It's also effecting recordings so do I need to keep my router on or what?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Bangord30
01-03-16, 20:48
Routers should really be left on 24/7 yes. Use hardly any leky

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
02-03-16, 06:02
Do you know what I've just realised, when I turn on my box I'm also turning on the router which takes a few mins to get going, that's why mgcamd doesn't start and has to be restarted.

Is there any way around that? It's also effecting recordings so do I need to keep my router on or what?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Having your Router turned off doesn't effect the recordings IF you have a legit sky card, but having no legit sky card and obtaining sky via other means is your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk