PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG crashing on this box

rizl4uk
03-01-16, 20:45
any ideas i have the latest vix installed with this box
i have a usb hard drive mounted it will download the epg sometimes and load fine
other times i wake up in the morning with the box stuck on parsing events
I have to keep turning it on and off via power switch

seems to only crash on scheduled scan

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 20:56
Hello,

Our images have numbers. This avoids people saying "latest". Somebody said latest when they were referring to an image which was more than three years old.

If you receiver is crashing, it will have a crash log. Please attach the crash log. You will find it in /home/root/logs

Solution may be that you just need a swap file for your receiver. Best we wait for you log.

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

rizl4uk
04-01-16, 06:31
Hello,

Our images have numbers. This avoids people saying "latest". Somebody said latest when they were referring to an image which was more than three years old.

If you receiver is crashing, it will have a crash log. Please attach the crash log. You will find it in /home/root/logs

Solution may be that you just need a swap file for your receiver. Best we wait for you log.

Please note:

I have looked there is no logs its not a crash i would wake up and the picture would be frozen
thanks

Brand: Miraclebox
Model: Premium Hybrid
Chipset: bcm7362
Frontprocessor Version: 0
Total Memory: 248992 kB
Free Memory: 136160 kB
Box Uptime: 17:28
Software
System OE: OE-Alliance 3.2
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: 3.2.030
Driver date: 20150610
Kernel version: 3.14.2
Gui version: 2015-12-13

abu baniaz
04-01-16, 07:21
Best to create and activate swap file. Thsi gives teh receiver a some more virtual memory.

Blue > Vix > Swap Manager > Blue button to Create

Once created, activate it (green button) and enable autostart (yellow)

Sicilian
05-01-16, 07:32
Swapfile should be need with Mini+ Hybrid? What EPG are you downloading with CrossEPG?

EPG REfresh plugin can update EPG data for Cable to Terrestrial and uses far less resources.