PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Can't see London Live in Freeview

SkyFan
03-01-16, 19:20
When watching a channel I press the down arrow to print up the channel selection screen. As far as I'm aware ABM doesn't work with freeview so I have no logs to give you. So I then go into Providers and select "Unknown". This seems to be the only way to see the Freeview channels. Is that correct?

I can't see the "London Live" channel there which is only on freeview. How can I get it to show so I can watch it?

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 19:30
ABM works for freeview including the HD chanenls if you have a T2 tuner.

If you want to select a chanenl that is not in a bouquet, there are three ways you can do it:
1. As you have mentioned "provider"/Yellow. channels will be filtered by that provider's name. It seems E2 does not recognise the provider names used for Freeview

2. "All. This lists all the channels in alphabetical order

3. "Satellites". Cable and Terrestrail are fixed to the top. You also get "current transponder". All other satellites are then listed in orbital position.

SkyFan
03-01-16, 19:34
OK thanks but I can't see London Live which is on Freeview. Any idea how I can get the channel to show up?

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 19:42
Works fine for me here. We use the same mast IIRC (Crystal Palace). Post a screen shot of what you are seeing on receiver.

SkyFan
03-01-16, 20:18
I've attached a screenshot. I've never looked in "Satellites" before for Freeview since Freeview isn't on a Satellite! I also look in Providers > Unknown and "ALL" and it looks the same.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 20:50
Can you upload your lamedb file please? It is in /etc/enigma2 You will have to zip it before you can attach it.

How are you scanning Terrestrial? What are your tuner settings?
Please confrm which mast your aerial is pointing to.

SkyFan
03-01-16, 20:58
Can you upload your lamedb file please? It is in /etc/enigma2 You will have to zip it before you can attach it.

How are you scanning Terrestrial? What are your tuner settings?
Please confrm which mast your aerial is pointing to.

Service Searching > Automatic Scan. I select to scan Tuner E (DVB-T2).

Tuner Settings:
Tuner Type: DVB-T2
Config Mode: Enabled
Terrestrial Provider: Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies
Enable 5V for active antenna: off

How can I find out what mast my aerial is pointed to? I'm in the UK.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 21:12
Put your postcode in there, it will tell you. I don't think you will be able to get London Live by the way. Lets follow things through though.

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings

SkyFan
03-01-16, 21:15
All that page does is tell you if you can get Freeview which I already can get as I can watch it. I just can't get London Live.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 21:23
It tells you what mast is nearest to you. Also what frequencies/chanenls are being used.

Going by your lamedb, you are over 300 miles away from Crystal Palace. If this is right, you won't be getting London live through the aerial. If you are happy to, can you PM me your postcode. Knowing your mast will help with another ongoing ABM project.

SkyFan
03-01-16, 21:25
OK I've PM'd you.

SkyFan
03-01-16, 22:32
I managed to add to my Sky box via "Other Channels" with the info from here: http://www.a516digital.com/2014/10/local-tv-on-satellite.html
Would be nice if I could get it on my VU+ box though so I can capture with re-encoding as I want to record the "Adam & Joe Show" which is showing repeats from tomorrow.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 22:47
London Live on satellite is not a free channel.

s2tephen
03-01-16, 23:10
London Live

1_0_1_C6CC_82A_2_11A0000_0_0_0

28.2 11479 V 22000 5/6 QPSK 50892 2090

SkyFan
03-01-16, 23:13
London Live

1_0_1_C6CC_82A_2_11A0000_0_0_0

28.2 11479 V 22000 5/6 QPSK 50892 2090

Is this so I can add the channel to Vix? What do I do with that info?

s2tephen
03-01-16, 23:16
Download DreamboxEdit
Use it to download the bouquets from your sat box
Search for it in there and then drag and drop it into the bouquet you want it in.

It is in there as ive just looked in mine

SkyFan
04-01-16, 00:17
Can be more specific please about what I'm supposed to do. Are you sure this is going to give me London Live. I was told I can't get this in my area (Dumfries, Scotland). I also can't get it on Sky but I managed to add it to "Other" channels although I can't record it or see an EPG, I can only watch it live.

judge
04-01-16, 01:29
If you can add it to other channels on your Sky box, you can view & record it on your E2 box.
London Live working fine here with EPG & a standard SKY sub.
If you run ABM, you'll find it in your Entertainment bouquet.

SkyFan
04-01-16, 01:35
Are you talking about it being in the freesat Entertainment Bouquet? Yes it's there but I can't view it presumably because I'm not in the regions it broadcasts to.

Abu if you're still reading this thread, I was always told that ABM only works with freesat. How does it work with freeview?

SkyFan
04-01-16, 01:42
Are you talking about it being in the freesat Entertainment Bouquet? Yes it's there but I can't view it presumably because I'm not in the regions it broadcasts to. I can't see it listed in freeview at all.

Abu if you're still reading this thread, I was always told that ABM only works with freesat. How does it work with freeview?

abu baniaz
04-01-16, 01:54
The list of providers that ABM does is listed here (based on latest version):
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49230-ABM-Providers

It works very well with Freeview and all teh other providers it does.

To avoid confusion:
London Live on Terrestrial is Free to Air. It is broadcast from mast in Crystal Palace and probably couple of nearby ones. It is only available to those who can receiver signal to it.

London Live on Satellite is not free to air. Not sure if it is FTV, if it is, a freesky card will open it.

We had a long thread a while back where you use the receiver for FTA stuff and to check what is on the official SKY HD receiver. You need to be patient and explain what you wan't to achieve. If people don't understand what you want to do, re-expalin it differntly. The coding to add out of region channels and remove unavailable chanenls was restricted to work only in regions with "custom" at end. This was to satisfy requirements of those who said that ABM must be as per the provider.

judge
04-01-16, 01:54
I think you're getting things confused?
When you add it to your Sky box other channels, does it clear?

Do you want it on DVB-S or DVB-T?

SkyFan
04-01-16, 02:05
The list of providers that ABM does is listed here (based on latest version):
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49230-ABM-Providers

It works very well with Freeview and all teh other providers it does.

To avoid confusion:
London Live on Terrestrial is Free to Air. It is broadcast from mast in Crystal Palace and probably couple of nearby ones. It is only available to those who can receiver signal to it.

London Live on Satellite is not free to air. Not sure if it is FTV, if it is, a freesky card will open it.

We had a long thread a while back where you use the receiver for FTA stuff and to check what is on the official SKY HD receiver. You need to be patient and explain what you wan't to achieve. If people don't understand what you want to do, re-expalin it differntly. The coding to add out of region channels and remove unavailable chanenls was restricted to work only in regions with "custom" at end. This was to satisfy requirements of those who said that ABM must be as per the provider.

I was being patient and I did explain what I wanted to achieve! You said you can't get London Live in my area on freeview on my VU+ box as it's only broadcast to certain areas. Then other people posting in the thread were saying otherwise so I'm trying to get people to clarify. Don't think there was anything impolite about my posts. Abu, can you please clarify if I can get London Live on my VU+ box either via freesat or freeview(I'm in Dumfries, Scotland). I was able to watch it on my Sky+ HD box by adding it manually to other channels.

abu baniaz
04-01-16, 02:12
I did not mean to suggest you were impolite. Please forgive me if that is the impression you got.

No, you cannot get London Live on Freeview. (DVB-T)

Yes, you can get London Live on Satellite (DVB-S). You need to have a card in receiver with entitlements to view it. This is becasue London Live is not a free channel on satellite.

SkyFan
04-01-16, 02:18
Yes, you can get London Live on Satellite (DVB-S). You need to have a card in receiver with entitlements to view it. This is becasue London Live is not a free channel on satellite.

Are you talking about a card being in the VU+ box or my Sky+ box? I can view it on my Sky+ box by adding it to other channels so does that mean I'll be able to view it on DVB-S on my VU+ box if I insert the card from my Sky+ box?

abu baniaz
04-01-16, 02:39
You need your card to be able to view encrypted channels.

If you want to record it in the Vu+, your VU+ must be the one with the card.