PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Epg funny issue

reeves1985
02-01-16, 23:26
Have a funny problem with the epg all of a sudden.

I've come home tonight to find most of the channels in the epg have either foreign or mixed up text within the titles and descriptions.

I've tried everything I can think of other than a 're flash which I don't really want to do.

It's an older Apollo image but it's been running brilliant for months so I'm assuming there isn't anything wrong with the image.

Looking for any suggestions going.

I've also tried deleting the epg.dat file but the issue still remains.

abu baniaz
02-01-16, 23:31
The EPG data loaded into RAM, so deleting while Enbigma2 is running wont work as files are written back. Ability to deleet EPG data in EPG menu was added a few months back so won't be in your image.

Stop Enigma running first with "init 4" command then delete it. "init 3" restarts.

ccs
02-01-16, 23:32
Did you delete the epg via.....

Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete -> Delete EPG -> yes

bbbuk
02-01-16, 23:33
You would need to put box to sleep first using telnet command "init 4" and then delete epg.dat.

I would also delete crossepg folder which is normally stored on same location as epg.dat (ie location you setup within crossepg).

Then restart box using telnet command "init 6".

You will need to setup parts of CrossEpg again and re-download epg data.

I'm assuming you're using OpenTV as the CrossEPG source (if you're just watching sky 28.2)

Update: @Abu Baniaz beat me to it :)

reeves1985
02-01-16, 23:55
You would need to put box to sleep first using telnet command "init 4" and then delete epg.dat.

I would also delete crossepg folder which is normally stored on same location as epg.dat (ie location you setup within crossepg).

Then restart box using telnet command "init 6".

You will need to setup parts of CrossEpg again and re-download epg data.

I'm assuming you're using OpenTV as the CrossEPG source (if you're just watching sky 28.2)

Update: @Abu Baniaz beat me to it :)

Thanks guys I'm using v media as well as sky

I'll give the above suggestion as shot and let you know how it goes

reeves1985
03-01-16, 00:35
Thanks again that seems to have sorted the issue