PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] SID not found in PAT - but channel displays

fredphoesh
31-12-15, 15:09
Hi
See the photo, the channel is working, but I get the error message when I zap this channel.
This also happens on at least one other channel, but not most channels.

judge
31-12-15, 15:19
Happens on some channels not broadcast 24/7. You can also turn off zap errors.

adm
31-12-15, 16:31
It happens on UK channels which are shared
BBC Three broadcasts in the evening whilst BBC childrens TV (CBBC) during the day. If you are watching BBC Three in the evening and switch the box off and then the next day you switch the box on before 7pm it thinks that the box is still tuned to BBC Three, but what is being displayed is BBC Childrens TV (with the SID/PAT message)

You will also get this with BBC Four and CBeeBies wghich share the same channel allocation.

fredphoesh
31-12-15, 19:14
It happens on UK channels which are shared
BBC Three broadcasts in the evening whilst BBC childrens TV (CBBC) during the day. If you are watching BBC Three in the evening and switch the box off and then the next day you switch the box on before 7pm it thinks that the box is still tuned to BBC Three, but what is being displayed is BBC Childrens TV (with the SID/PAT message)

You will also get this with BBC Four and CBeeBies wghich share the same channel allocation.

Interesting.... yep, that makes sense. I will turn off the zap errors. Thanks, guys,
Have a happy NY and 2016!

Huevos
01-01-16, 15:04
So if you turn off zap errors how will you know if there is a zap error?

twol
01-01-16, 15:10
But if the channel runs (which it does on my receivers), I don't care about the zap msg..... so turning off is fine for me:)