PDA

View Full Version : Tuner is failing on one receiver yet fine in the other

duoduo
30-12-15, 19:58
Hi guys,

Got a bit of a strange one here, my zero won't pick up any channels and tuner failed message keeps showing on the screen. When I manage to get itv on the snr is going mental, currently at 42%. We have experienced gale force winds over the last 24 hours so I am sure it is something to do with this yet my solo2 is running perfectly. From what I can see from my bedroom window all the cables are in ok at the lnb, settings haven't been changed. I'm puzzled because of the fact the solo2 isn't showing the same issues yet both run off the same lnb. Anyone else had this before?

adm
30-12-15, 22:11
Swap the boxes over and see if the fault stays in the same physical location. If it does its a wiring LNB problem otherwise its a box problem.

Its not unknown for water to get into a LNB connection. In general, a quad LNB will have 4 off independent circuits each controlled by information (voltage/tones) travelling UP the cable from you box. One channel from a LNB can work while another could fail.

Another thing to consider is electrical interference getting into the down-lead from nearby electrical/electronic devices (computer, DECT cordless phone base stations, failing wall-wart power supplies etc.) . Switch off, at the mains, any nearby equipment and see if the reception improves.