PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Issue??

ben_edwards
30-12-15, 12:53
Hi, since ive had my vu duo it always seems to crash then needs to be re flashed to work again. it crashes maybe once a fortnight and won't load past the vix image. I think its something to do with when the epg is set to update. Have i got a setting wrong somewhere?
Also my epg doesn't seem to load completely, only now and next and will only load whats on when you select the channel. Again, have i got something set wrong?

I'm using vix with bluehd skin. I'm not sure which version of vix it is but if someone knows how to check i will.

I'm still pretty new to it all but thanks for any help.

judge
30-12-15, 13:21
Do you know how to FTP?
If so, there will be E2 crash logs in /home/root/logs/
Please upload one.

ben_edwards
30-12-15, 20:38
Hi, i've just had a look in logs with filezilla but the list is empty. Would it not of wiped the list when i re flashed the box??

rossi2000
30-12-15, 21:08
yes it would
please upload if/when it happens again.

Human 19
02-01-16, 15:08
Do logs have to be manually set up first in the Duo (Im on a Duo2)?
And can they be saved to hdd rather than root to prevent wiping on reflash?

judge
02-01-16, 15:43
Crash logs are generated automatically.
You need to enable debug logs if you want them.
Log location can be changed, have a look at Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings.

ben_edwards
03-01-16, 10:30
Ok box crashed again last night. it wouldn't turn back on off the remote so i used the switch at the rear. Then box then would not load past the vix image. I used filezilla to check the crash logs before i reflash the box but the file is still empty??

ben_edwards
03-01-16, 10:30
Crash logs are generated automatically.
You need to enable debug logs if you want them.
Log location can be changed, have a look at Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings.

Ill flash the box again now and have a look. Thanks.

bigkenny
04-01-16, 21:48
Hi, i've just had a look in logs with filezilla but the list is empty. Would it not of wiped the list when i re flashed the box??

it should be saved on your hard drive

birdman
05-01-16, 02:19
it should be saved on your hard driveThe default location for crash logs is under /home/root/logs (see #2), so will be on the internal flash (and hence lost on a re-flash) unless you configure otherwise.

mrmad1966
09-01-16, 08:26
When you reflash start by NOT installing any extra plugins or skins to try and narrow the possibilities down

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ben_edwards
11-02-16, 20:52
Ok so i thought i fixed the crashing issue it seemed to be when the box was doing an automatic update for the auto bouquets plugin. So i turned off the auto updates and it didnt crash for weeks. Untill now!
This time i get an error screen pop up saying online version check which seems to be an auto system update thats causing it to crash. It doesn't always completely crash but it stops being able to record for some reason??? Do other people have these problems? Do you have auto updates on or off??

judge
11-02-16, 21:03
iSettings plugin?

ben_edwards
11-02-16, 21:54
iSettings plugin?

Sorry judge im a bit of a novice still. What do you mean isettings??

judge
11-02-16, 21:58
iSettings is a plugin some people use to update their channel lists.
The only plugin I know of that has a "pop up saying online version check"

birdman
12-02-16, 02:30
This time i get an error screen pop up saying online version check What version of OpenVix are you running?
There was a problem with this (and a fix) a few months ago.

ben_edwards
12-02-16, 19:51
oh ok, I don't have isettings as a plugin. Thanks for the reply though.

ben_edwards
12-02-16, 19:55
i'm not sure sorry birdman. Is there a way to check exactly which version it is on the box? If it helps when the box is loading up the openvix screen/logo is grey whith openvix in the centre and sort of swirly marks around the outside all in grey.

birdman
13-02-16, 02:43
i'm not sure sorry birdman. Is there a way to check exactly which version it is on the box? If it helps when the box is loading up the openvix screen/logo is grey whith openvix in the centre and sort of swirly marks around the outside all in grey.
Menu -> Information -> About
There should be Version: and Build: values.

ben_edwards
13-02-16, 09:59
Menu -> Information -> About
There should be Version: and Build: values.

Thanks, got it. It says Version 3.2 and Build 021

ben_edwards
16-02-16, 21:10
Can anyone confirm if this version of vix is causing my problems?
I've turned off any updates i could see and it has been fine for a few days but then it crashed when trying to record??

Do i just need to bite the bullet and try to re flash the box with the latest vix?? I'm just concerned i wont be able to get everything working again. I currently have everything saved to a usb so everytime it crashes i just reflash with that but i keep getting the crashing issue.

abu baniaz
16-02-16, 21:26
You have not uploaded any crash logs.

I am guessing your receiver is running out of memory when it is downloading the EPG. Best to add and activate a swap file. There is a swap manager app within the Vix menu. Create 256 MB, activate it, and set to auto mount.

ben_edwards
16-02-16, 21:39
You have not uploaded any crash logs.

I am guessing your receiver is running out of memory when it is downloading the EPG. Best to add and activate a swap file. There is a swap manager app within the Vix menu. Create 256 MB, activate it, and set to auto mount.

I'll check it again but last time i looked in the crash log file it was empty. I'll be honest though i havent checked the last 2/3 times i've just flashed the box again. Thanks for the advice though, i'll try what you said and see how i get on.