PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-T/T2] Not scanning a UK terrestrial MUX

adm
29-12-15, 19:28
Is there any way of stopping ABM from scanning a UK terrestrial MUX when, say, scanning for Freeview channels from a specific transmitter?

My preferred transmitter is Bluebell Hill which has a local tV MUX broadcasting on transmitter channel 28 BUT I get an very strong signal from Crystal Place which also transmits on channel 28 (ArqB at 200,000W).

While a lot of aerials point at Crystal Palace in my area my reception is in the shadow of some tall town centre buildings from CP hence my use of Bluebell Hill which has an unobstructed direct line of sight. If ABM scans for Bluebell HILL and includes transmit channel 28 it will result getting the more powerful signal from CP and duplicate channels where one copy is likely to be VERY unreliable in changeable weather. As I have no interest in amateur hour on 'local TV' I would prefer to remove Channel 28 from the scan first place.

abu baniaz
30-12-15, 02:24
Can you enable extra debug in ABM, ensure debug logs are enabled on the image (restart is required to activate). Run ABM, then upload debug log as attachment please.

As a solution to your issue, you may have to add the all transponders for Bluebelll Hill into custom transponder section.

abu baniaz
30-12-15, 02:35
Best I post here instead of other thread. You are missing C54 (738.0MHz) in your lamedb file. This is also used for your area according to the ukfreetv site.

EDIT: Channel 28 is not used for your area, that is used by Crystal Palace. Can you upload a lamedb after a scan of channel 54 only please. Put enigma to sleep first before removing your lamedb please.

For reference purposes:

<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="5040" frequency="618000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" modulation="2" transmission_mode="1" guard_interval="0" hierarchy="0" inversion="0" flags="0" system="0" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="3006" frequency="666000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="2" code_rate_lp="0" modulation="2" transmission_mode="1" guard_interval="0" hierarchy="0" inversion="0" flags="0" system="0" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="2010" frequency="650000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="1" code_rate_lp="0" modulation="2" transmission_mode="1" guard_interval="0" hierarchy="0" inversion="0" flags="0" system="0" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="104c" frequency="674000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="1" code_rate_lp="0" modulation="2" transmission_mode="1" guard_interval="0" hierarchy="0" inversion="0" flags="0" system="0" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="b000" frequency="578000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" modulation="3" transmission_mode="3" guard_interval="4" hierarchy="4" inversion="2" flags="0" system="1" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="a000" frequency="562000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" modulation="3" transmission_mode="3" guard_interval="4" hierarchy="4" inversion="2" flags="0" system="1" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="4083" frequency="626000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" modulation="3" transmission_mode="3" guard_interval="4" hierarchy="4" inversion="2" flags="0" system="1" plpid="0" />
<customtransponder key="bluebell_hill______" transport_stream_id="6040" frequency="738000000" bandwidth="0" code_rate_hp="5" code_rate_lp="5" modulation="3" transmission_mode="3" guard_interval="4" hierarchy="4" inversion="2" flags="0" system="0" plpid="0" />

adm
30-12-15, 04:00
Best I post here instead of other thread. You are missing C54 (738.0MHz) in your lamedb file. This is also used for your area according to the ukfreetv site.

File attached. Enigma stopped and file deleted prior to scanning

EDIT: Channel 28 is not used for your area, that is used by Crystal Palace.

According to

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Bluebell_Hill

Channel 28 is/will be allocated on Bluebell Hill for local TV

Yes, channel 28 is also on the neighbouring transmitter (Crystal Palace) for one of the main MUXs hence the potential conflict.

abu baniaz
30-12-15, 04:34
Thanks. Can you extract and place in the ABM provider folder and then run ABM. Best to start with no lamedb if possible. I'll await confirmation all is fine before committing.

As an aside, can you post a screenshot where it says Bluebell Hill also uses 28. I'm not seeing it.

adm
30-12-15, 04:47
Can you enable extra debug in ABM, ensure debug logs are enabled on the image (restart is required to activate). Run ABM, then upload debug log as attachment please.

Enigma stopped, files deleted, T2 manual scans performed on Bluebell hill channels 32, 34 and 40 followed by an ABM

abm,log, enigma_debug.log and full (new) lamedb file for Bluebell hill attached

adm
30-12-15, 13:06
Thanks. Can you extract and place in the ABM provider folder and then run ABM. Best to start with no lamedb if possible. I'll await confirmation all is fine before committing.

As an aside, can you post a screenshot where it says Bluebell Hill also uses 28. I'm not seeing it.

I have been informed that the transmitter web site is incorrect and local TV will be broadcast from Bluebell Hill on transmitter channel 27 and not 28. Local TV on BH is not yet broadcasting. Screen-shot of incorrect information attached for info only.

The replacement freeview.xml appears to work OK
Stopped enigma, deleted lamebd, replaced freeview.xml, rebooted and scanned only using ABM. New lamebd file attached
I've been through all the HD freeview channels and all appear to work except those that are part time (which is expected).

abu baniaz
30-12-15, 14:30
I've committed the entries for Bluebell Hill. When the local channels mux start to operate, please post back if there is an issue.