PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] how to turn subtitles off by default

fredphoesh
29-12-15, 01:47
Hi
Recently both my vu+ boxes have subtitles on by default and I keep having to turn it off.
In settings I have no found a setting that allows you to choose whether or not to have subtitels on by default... but i am sure it MUST be there... what am I missing?

Tx
Fred

abu baniaz
29-12-15, 01:49
Are you referring to subtitles or the audio commentary?

fredphoesh
29-12-15, 13:45
Hi
I am referring to subtitles... text.
I managed to find a way to turn off the narration audio thing, but cannot find a way to disable text on BBC news/BBC 1234 etc...
Thanks,
Fred.

fredphoesh
31-12-15, 01:51
bump.... anyone?
Surely there is a way to not have subtitles on by default? It is pretty darn annoying!
Thanks...

abu baniaz
31-12-15, 01:54
They are not on by default. Are you sure you have not enabled them?

Uload your settings file. It is located in /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip it before you can attach it.

fredphoesh
31-12-15, 13:17
They are not on by default. Are you sure you have not enabled them?

Uload your settings file. It is located in /etc/enigma2/ You will have to zip it before you can attach it.

Hi,

I have attached the zip file of my settings. I have looked through SETTINGS>SUBTITLES about 10 times, and there is no setting to turn subtitles on or off.
See here4632746328
On the remote, I have to press the subtitles button to then de-activate the subtitles every time. BTW this issue is on my Solo2 only, not my Zero box!
I wonder if my Sony "smart" TV is doing something to the VU box?

abu baniaz
31-12-15, 13:39
These are my settings, Never changed anything in there, I think. Can you change to them and see what happens.

fredphoesh
31-12-15, 15:06
These are my settings, Never changed anything in there, I think. Can you change to them and see what happens.

Hi
I've changed it to match your settings, and I will have to see over a few days... for example after powering off and back on... some subs were still showing, but I turned them off using the remote, but then it would be off for that channel and on for another... so I turned them all off and will see if they stay off. I will report back!
Speak soon, and happy 2016 guys.

fredphoesh
25-07-16, 22:43
Dang, I have this problem again... I cannot find a way to have subtitles OFF by default. Help much appreciated!

Hi
I've changed it to match your settings, and I will have to see over a few days... for example after powering off and back on... some subs were still showing, but I turned them off using the remote, but then it would be off for that channel and on for another... so I turned them all off and will see if they stay off. I will report back!
Speak soon, and happy 2016 guys.