PDA

View Full Version : [ET8x00] Greyed out channels

vambo
28-12-15, 15:35
Good afternoon people, have just purchased a ET800 with the latest VIX image on it from WoS, all set up ok but when i switch off and then switch it on all my channels are greyed out. I have to reboot the machine then everything works ok any ideas?

Rgds Dave

judge
28-12-15, 15:36
Anyone streaming from it?

vambo
28-12-15, 15:42
no i am just setting it up, its as if it is loosing memory, than when you reboot it all becomes clear again. just upgraded from cloud ibox which worked fine. i have a motorised dish which i am busy tuning my ET8000 to.

IAmATeaf
28-12-15, 19:25
How are your tuners configured?

vambo
28-12-15, 19:35
i only use one tuner (A) as i only have a single feed into the box at the moment. Not sure what you mean by configured. Every things works fine until i switch it off for the night, when i switch it back on in the morning ALL channels are greyed out. Reboot and all is back to normal!!

cactikid
28-12-15, 20:36
off as in powered off,better to use remote to put on standby,greyed out might suggest someone outside using your tuner?
configured =how you set your tuner up,if dish was on other sat you will get the greyed out channels until realigned back to 28.2?

vambo
28-12-15, 22:12
Thanks for that cactikid, is that something to do with the ET8000. Only had it a week but quality through and through. i Switch off using power button on remote.

cactikid
28-12-15, 22:51
no its a good box but might need more info,next time try removing lan cable and see if you get greyed channels to rule out outside intrusion.if grey still sat dish not aligned to sat.its a matter of ruling things out.

vambo
29-12-15, 09:08
once i reboot all channels go back to normal, its when the box has been off overnight that the problems start.

vambo
29-12-15, 09:10
now its stuck on Reboot, looks like its time to re-flash. Off to work will check at lunch time.

vambo
29-12-15, 17:45
switched off at back and left a few minutes then switched on, back to normal. Could the EPG be causing this problem when it updates at 7 am?

abu baniaz
29-12-15, 18:16
How many tuners do you have?
If you have more than one, what is the one without a signal cable configured/set as?

When the problem arises, are all tuner modules listed in the devices page? Menu > Information > About > Devices

vambo
29-12-15, 19:02
i have 2 tuners listed as Tuner A AVL6211 DVB-S2 and same for tuner B.

tuner A Advancved

tuner B not configured

I only have 1 cable coming in and that is in the top of tuner A on the rear

vambo
30-12-15, 13:32
i have 2 tuners listed as Tuner A AVL6211 DVB-S2 and same for tuner B.

tuner A Advancved

tuner B not configured

I only have 1 cable coming in and that is in the top of tuner A on the rear

Just checked and tuner B was set as backup tuner, changed that now to read none.

abu baniaz
30-12-15, 14:16
I have not heard of the term "backup tuner", if a tuner is configured/set, receiver will use it when it needs to. For a tuner to function, it must have a signal cable connected to it and must be configured/set to what it is connected to. If there is no cable connected to it, best to set it as "loop through" or "not configured/nothing connected".

With the tuner that has a signal cable connected, what is on the other end? Motorised, diseqc switch, or just facing one satellite. Most people will have a dish pointing at 28.2 only. If that is the same for you, set your tuner as simple, single, 28.2. Do not use the "automatic" option. Not sure why you have used advanced mode.

You still have not answered the question in post 12: When the problem arises, are all tuners listed? Menu > Information > Devices

eeza
30-12-15, 18:23
I have just rebooted my Ultimo after doing the latest online update and got EXACTLY the same condition, my tuners have been reset to simple, single automatic and no

Gonna roll back the update.....

~~~~~~

Updated, Roll back complete Tuners as was set before update all fine for me

My sequence of events were: Use option to update via menus in VIX, Update completed and box reboots to load new software, the tuners were fine and no problems, I then restarted the box again due to another error (Crashes due to AUTOFS error so I updated the Settings file in Etc\Enigma2\ to delete the last videodir etc..... ) and the channels were greyed and I got the Tuner config errors on screen.

Had a look at Service Searching Tuner Config and they had been reset as indicated : simple, single, automatic and no where previously they were set as a primary and second cable attached to a positioner

Hope this helps

vambo
01-01-16, 23:21
I have not heard of the term "backup tuner", if a tuner is configured/set, receiver will use it when it needs to. For a tuner to function, it must have a signal cable connected to it and must be configured/set to what it is connected to. If there is no cable connected to it, best to set it as "loop through" or "not configured/nothing connected".

With the tuner that has a signal cable connected, what is on the other end? Motorised, diseqc switch, or just facing one satellite. Most people will have a dish pointing at 28.2 only. If that is the same for you, set your tuner as simple, single, 28.2. Do not use the "automatic" option. Not sure why you have used advanced mode.

You still have not answered the question in post 12: When the problem arises, are all tuners listed? Menu > Information > Devices

yes both tuners are detected, i have a motorised dish using usals.

abu baniaz
02-01-16, 00:03
If tuner had disappaeared at point of failure, it could have been a possible hardware issue.

Please refer to the Vix manual, tuner configuration section. For a USALS setup, there is no need to be in "advanced" mode.

Huevos
02-01-16, 11:57
yes both tuners are detected, i have a motorised dish using usals.You still have not answered this question properly, so no one can help you.

Provide a screen grab of tuner A config and a proper explanation of what is attached to that tuner input. For example, STB -> motor -> switch -> LNB. We need to know exactly what that cable passes through.

Do the same for the other tuner.

vambo
03-01-16, 18:08

single cable coming straight from motor into STB into tuner A top connection on tuner A

Hope this explains it.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 18:21
Why are you using advanced?

vambo
03-01-16, 18:28
Why are you using advanced?

Is that not the correct way, as i tune all my satellites manually? I have just finished reflashing my receiver and setting it up. When the guy firred my system he sowed me how it was done and i took a photo of it for future reference. All i changed was the Disq to 1.2 to get USALS.

abu baniaz
03-01-16, 18:44
If your motor is correctly aligned for USALs, there is no need for you to be using diseqc motor controls (1.2). Set it up for USALS and go from there.

Any tuner with no cable connected to it, must be set to not configured for time being.
Assumption for your setup is: Tuner > cable to motor > cable to LNB

As it is, your screenshot is wrong orientation, not very clear and only shows one satellite. You would need to check all settings are correct. Maybe taking screenshots would be better if you must insist on using non-usals mode?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

moselep
03-01-16, 19:00
had something like that happen to me when the unit was in standby over night, I worked out that its was EPGrefresh doing its timed scan, so you don't have a free tuner to receive channels so they are greyed out,
if you have something like EPGrefresh might be worth checking times,

vambo
03-01-16, 19:30
If your motor is correctly aligned for USALs, there is no need for you to be using diseqc motor controls (1.2). Set it up for USALS and go from there.

Any tuner with no cable connected to it, must be set to not configured for time being.
Assumption for your setup is: Tuner > cable to motor > cable to LNB

As it is, your screenshot is wrong orientation, not very clear and only shows one satellite. You would need to check all settings are correct. Maybe taking screenshots would be better if you must insist on using non-usals mode?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

Thank you for all your advice, i see what you mean by simple. i was only doing what my installer said to do but your knowled is far superior thank you again. i will keep you informed

vambo
04-01-16, 20:03
Just a quick update, re-flashed and EPG refresh switched off and hey presto everything was fine this morning, thanks again gents for your input and valuable help