PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best image and setup?

Vampa
27-12-15, 14:56
Hi guys,
I have just go a new nano 3t and i am just about to begin the setup. i am a bit of a newbie to linux receivers. What is the best image i should use- most stable and most features. Also do all plugins work with all images and receivers? I want to do the setup correctly so if anyone have any recommendations or guides as my head is melted with with autobuquets crossepgs plugins etc.
Any help would be greatly accepted.

abu baniaz
27-12-15, 15:09
Welcome to the forum. Best to try the images and decide for yourself. You will be choosing between the 4D version of OpenPLi, OpenATV and OpenVix.

OPenVix won't include any packages for which Technomate have not provided licences. eg. HBBTV. Other images will. But almost all open/free plugins should work just fine.

Have a read of the tutorials, check some of the video guides. You will also find the Vix manual very informative.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/

Vampa
27-12-15, 15:30
Thanks Abu Baniaz looks like i have a bit of research to do before i begin.
I will go through the guides and tutorial link cheers
Do you know which image is the best supported or used?
Are there plugins to use a NAS box?

twol
27-12-15, 15:58
Thanks Abu Baniaz looks like i have a bit of research to do before i begin.
I will go through the guides and tutorial link cheers
Do you know which image is the best supported or used?
Are there plugins to use a NAS box?

NAS ... You can access through Samba or Nfs (under Network for Vix)
Otherwise Abu is correct you have to try the images ..... They are all pretty well supported, but the look, feel and whats installed is more important as is how your problems are handled.
Trying the images, teaches you a lot and gives you a better understanding of what makes a good image .... For you.
In my view, OpenVix is the most complete image and is extremely well supported by this forum .... But that is my personal view ..... Others may not agree:)

Vampa
27-12-15, 16:14
Thanks twol, i am going to start with the openVix image and we will see from there.