PDA

View Full Version : TM 3 Nano freezing

davedub
27-12-15, 11:31
My TM 3 NANO stops working and screen goes black after operating for a few hours
I have to reboot it to get it working again
ive done factory reset and downloaded latest open vix but no luck
Any suggestions where to look to sort this out

thanks
David

TK4|2|1
27-12-15, 12:11
Does TM 3 have internal fan? If so check fan control and set at around 1500rpm

deividuska
27-12-15, 16:10
My TM 3 NANO stops working and screen goes black after operating for a few hours
I have to reboot it to get it working again
ive done factory reset and downloaded latest open vix but no luck
Any suggestions where to look to sort this out

thanks
David

To be honest i get this like 3 to 5 times per week. Reflash new installation nothing helping. I reach a point thinking to change receiver.

davedub
27-12-15, 18:55
Thanks ill try that
david

doney84
28-12-15, 17:32
Hi davedub,

Mine freezes at least once everyday after a few hours of use, box just locks up with VIX logo spinning in the top left of screen. Have to power it off at the back and boot it up. Did changing the fan speed help you?

Thanks,
doney84

davedub
29-12-15, 18:58
yes seems to stop it freezing so far

davedub
01-01-16, 23:27
Problem started again after a few days..
back to the drawing board.....
any more suggestions?

abu baniaz
02-01-16, 00:07
Contact your retailer. Follow instruction/tests to the letter.

Partymack711
26-04-16, 23:59
Funny - I gave Efision OS3 which is basically same box and experiencing exactly same issues.

Did you guys find anything that worked in the end or did you return to retailer?

Ghost
05-05-16, 23:34
I believe there was an issue with the remote control using a vix image, pressing the buttons too fast causes the image to freeze.
Go a bit slower inbetween button pressing and try it .

Partymack711
06-05-16, 13:27
Thanks Ghost,

Issue is more serious than that. Front display is registering remote when pressed but screen is black.

I believe it is a power supply unit issue, box not getting enough power to run HDD, do it stalls. Current PSU is limited to 3.5 Amps, so Edision are sending me a 5A PSU.

ILL let her Technomate /Exision users know how I get on. Looking through the Technomate forum on here it seems a regular issue.

Partymack711
06-05-16, 15:46
Mine wasn't a remote problem - I ruled that one out, nor was it software related.

Edision have sent me a new Power supply as it looks like the box may not have been getting enough power to run internal/external HDD when using existing 3.5A PSU. This may have been causing box to freeze.

Should have new 5A PSU in a few days to test. Will let Technomate/Edision users on the forums here know as it seems to be a common one.

redbellied
06-05-16, 16:03
They are as buggy as fcuk that model produced by Edison probably down to hardware. I recommended the Optimuss OS plus 2 to two friends of mine and they have had nothing but trouble. Failed recordings due to the hard drive magically just disappearing. He tried different drives and images but problem persisted. Eventually posted box back to seller who sent box back to Edision. They repaired it but actually didn't make any comment on what they actually fixed. He flashed the box to the bare requirements for zapping and recording. It worked well for a month but he is back to square one with the internal drive not been recognized.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Partymack711
06-05-16, 21:30
Oh no... Hopefully I have better luck.

Sicilian
07-05-16, 06:23
I use a Nano-3T all the time for best testing, never get any issues. Anyone having issues, simple, contact where you purchased :)

scottmcmullan8
18-05-16, 08:55
I have to say this happens to my TM nano 3T at least twice a week. I have the blue hd skin installed and it will just show the loading spinning wheel and box will become useless just the channel playing in the background that it is stuck on. I will then have to hard power off the box via back switch. This happened with Apollo, Hades, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 so this is not a firmware issue but somewhat frustrating. My friend also purchased this box at the same time and is having similar issues. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.