PDA

View Full Version : Cable loop through setup?

jemalm
27-12-15, 01:46
Hi,

I have recently gone from using sat to cable and purchased two DVB-C tuners to watch one channel while recording a second. I have used a 3 way splitter 1 for the rooter and the other 2 for the tuners. The problem seems to be that my signal isn't great on some channels (BT SPORTS 1 HD) and was wondering if its possible to use a loop through instead? if so how do you configure this in the tuner configuration setup?

Also if anyone has a Gigablue Quad Plus working with two DVB-C tuners any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
J

adm
27-12-15, 02:01
See the thread

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48860-Added-second-cable-tuner-but-I-am-getting-bad-picture

jemalm
27-12-15, 10:08
Hi adm,

Thank you for your reply and i'll give that a try this afternoon. Only question now is I only have a 2 way splitter that is a 5-2400mhz, will this be ok?

Thanks again for your help.

adm
27-12-15, 11:34
The splitter will be OK.

jemalm
28-12-15, 16:48
So I tried the loop through with a standard 1m aerial cable and the results were not good. I had tones of break up which I never experienced when using two separate cable and a 3 way splitter. The trouble i'm getting either with the splitter of or with the loop through is that some channels randomly don't clear. For example today UKGOLD+1 is just a blank screen as is SKY 1 but SKY 1HD is fine as is SKY SPORT 1 HD but if i try to scan again they might all be back on but I might lose BT SPORTS or E4 HD!! I'm starting to regret switching from Sat as it was far less taxing and i'm pretty sure my wife is going to leave me if she spends another evening with me trying to tune the box every half an hour!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
J

delboy13
29-12-15, 14:11
I think I still got a cable amp I can sell might help

nsw9154
29-12-15, 17:30
i only use good quality Triax RG6 cable and F connectors that i bought from the sponsor and i have no problem with my loop cables

reeves1985
09-11-16, 23:52
i only use good quality Triax RG6 cable and F connectors that i bought from the sponsor and i have no problem with my loop cables

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd revive it after having been moved to a lower tap on the street cab and suffering low signal strength.

Use 1 5-1000mhz splitter and use good quality coaxial wf1p0 is the best with good quality connectors.
Don't use joins as you lose a few db per joint.
I re ran all my cabling which 1 receiver goes all the way around the house from the loop through connector and new cable from vm point to modem split to receiver
Everything back to normal with grateful signal

1 tip I've found if your receiver users aerial type connectors for the dvbc tuner use the gold connectors (it's nothing to do with this theory about them being 1 million times better than silver or nickel)
Is purely because they are slightly thicker which gives them a better seating in the tuner socket.