PDA

View Full Version : volume

rob1980
25-12-15, 13:28
Hi all (merry christmas)

I have a duo2 with latest openvix installed.

For some reason the output volume of this box is far lower than any of my other devices, laptop, ps4 etc, volume fed from my amp, via the TV optical output, all using HDMI to the tv.

Is there an option somewhere that I can increase the output as I have to push the volume on the amp right up just for the duo2 (volume is not set too low using the remote, this adjusts as normal)

Thanks

Rob

Peterj
25-12-15, 15:04
I have set the volume of all my E2 boxes set to max to get equal levels.

Ashley69
25-12-15, 15:11
Hi all (merry christmas)

I have a duo2 with latest openvix installed.

For some reason the output volume of this box is far lower than any of my other devices, laptop, ps4 etc, volume fed from my amp, via the TV optical output, all using HDMI to the tv.

Is there an option somewhere that I can increase the output as I have to push the volume on the amp right up just for the duo2 (volume is not set too low using the remote, this adjusts as normal)

Thanks

Rob

I think you have to go to menu/setup/system/av settings

rob1980
25-12-15, 17:11
Thanks for the replies.

There's nothing in th AV settings menu, checked there.

The best way to explain it is if I set the box to max volume, and set the amplifier to a comfortable level, as soon as I try another device, the volume is stupidly high.

I can leave the amp at say -20db fo my ps4, but it needs to be at +20 for the vu+..

ccs
25-12-15, 17:22
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47551-Audio-really-low-on-downloaded-videos-when-playing-them-through-my-box&p=370853&viewfull=1#post370853

rob1980
25-12-15, 17:47
Thanks for the link, that explains it, at least I know it's not an issue with my box, at least I can have it as loud as I need, just have to remember to turn it down before changing source :)

john doe
25-12-15, 19:13
login in to webif and push the volume up to full

ccs
25-12-15, 19:40
...it won't make any difference as it's probably on full already.