PDA

View Full Version : Using a Technomate TM-5500DAPCI with a Sky dish?

Pgs49sullit
24-12-15, 15:57
Hi, I'm a newbie to this subject and would like some help/guidance if possible. My dad has given me his 'old' receiver and I wondered whether I could use it with a redundant Sky dish to receive the free view channels. If so, how might I make the connections on the rear in order to do this? Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks and a very merry Christmas to one and all.

electrocop
24-12-15, 17:27
That's a great receiver, if a little dated now. You will be able to use that just fine with a fixed sky dish to watch the free stuff. Basically just connect your dish to the F-type connector marked LNB, connect your TV to the AV output, ignore any connections for polarizer or motor and you'll be up and running. You will have to do a complete set-up through the menu though, especially if it's ever been used as a motorized system. Your instruction manual will tell you how to clear all the settings and set up from scratch.

kegnkiwi
24-12-15, 19:43
One thing that may be an issues maybe the transponder frequencies as this is an older receiver and the frequencies may well need updating. I am not sure if there is a network scan on this model.

electrocop
24-12-15, 21:29
It should do a network scan and get all the new transponders (it also has a full BlindScan function) - these old boxes are a lot better than people think. I use an old Manhattan Starlight 5900 which is about the same age and i have no issues with that - works great for me.