PDA

View Full Version : [SPYCAT] Tuner Configuration GUI/Settings/Signal Level

TheExistentialist
24-12-15, 11:59
Hi

Recently I purchased a SpyCat after reading positive reviews about this receiver.

Since I already have a Vu+ Duo2 with OpenVix (works fine on it) I decided to flash the SpyCat with OpenVix as well. However, I found some issues that affect the Tuner Configuration in Setup and the Signal levels.

Before I continue I wish to state that I purchased the SpyCat version with 2 tuners (Broadcom BCM73xx DVB-S2 and Panasonic MN88473 DVB-C/DVB-T2).

So the issues/bugs in OpenVix on my configuration are the following:

1. The DVB-T2 configuration includes the option to enable/disable 5V for active antennas (masthead amplifier). Contrary to the Vu+ Duo2, this option is useless on the SpyCat since as I found (and this was indeed a big disappointment) either the SpyCat or the supplied DVB-T2 tuner itself cannot power a 5V masthead amplifier! In fact this option is not even available on the ATV SpyCat image.

2. The DVB-S2 tuner and DVB-T2 tuner (once I physically eliminate the masthead amplifier) work without issues but on both tuners the maximum Signal level that the GUI shows (on all frequencies) is always 5%! Of course if 5% was the real signal level, the tuners would not even lock! But as I said both tuners lock and the video/audio is fine! To verify that this is really an OpenVix bug I flashed the Spycat with OpenATV and with that image the signal level varies according to the strength of the frequency. So for instance if the local DVB-T channels show 5% on OpenVix, they show 95% to 100% on OpenATV. The same applies to the DVB-S2 tuner: on OpenVix it always shows a maiximum of 5% but on OpenATV this varies according to the real strength of the tuned transponder.

So from the above I conclude that on SpyCat OpenVix:

1. The DVB-T2 5v active antenna option should be removed since it is not supported by the Spycat supplied Panasonic MN88473 tuner (I don't know if this is specific to the supplied tuner or to the receiver itself since I dont have any other tuners to test).

2. The signal level should be fixed to show the correct values and not always the unrealistic 5%.